Friday, 20 July 2012

What I Wore.. Splashes of Colour


Jacket: Kmart   Black Top: Target
Striped Top: Cable & Gauge Jeans: Mavi
Boots: Myer   Scarf: Sportsgirl 
Belt: H&M  Brooch: Naomi Murrell 
Satchel: Pigionhole from Fine & Sunny  

Well it's certainly Winter and it seems all the bright clothes in my wardrobe are making way for comfortable black staples to see my through to Spring.   I don't wear jeans very often but was totally delighted to find these Mavi maternity jeans while in Brisbane and I have barely taken them off since I got them home.  Who knew a pair of jeans could be so comfortable! I've been adding splashes of colour to my Winter work wardrobe with bright accessories and I'm loving mixing up patterns as well.  My gorgeous new satchel was a birthday present from Ben and it's certainly adding a pop of colour to my daily outfits.  And as much as I love layering and wearing pretty scarves, I'm already dreaming about to wearing flowing dresses and colourful cardigans in Spring.

What's your favourite way to brighten up an outfit?
Much Love
xxx
   

9 comments:

  1. Big bright artificial flower brooches, just whip them up at home easy peasy.
    Love the satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pattern mixing. I'm a sweater weather girl, so I like to layer sweaters over flown summery dresses with boots and tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mix of pattern and texture!

    I've got to say, as someone in the US, it's so strange seeing updates about people in Australia in winter clothes when we are suffering a massive heatwave in the summer here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes and the scarf. I have a multicoloured scarf that I wear ALL the time in the winter to add a big splash of colour to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! SO cute. Seeing your blog always makes me long for fall/winter as we are experience 100 degree temps here. That striped top is absolutely adorable. I love the background in these shots too. :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! Love the background too!

    http://slidingdrawersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes with the scarf... and the graffiti in the background too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x