Monday, 9 July 2012

Eclectic Living.. The Nursery


Over the past few weeks I've been gathering plenty of nursery inspiration and today after a fun trip to Ikea I'm super inspired and ready to begin nesting.  With so many beautiful nursery ideas around and even more choices when it comes to the essentials, at first process seemed a little daunting, but after some reading and testing out different styles of nursery furniture, I can't waito get started.   Here are some of my favourite nurseries, each with gorgeous whimsical eclectic styles, clever ideas and sweet personal touches.




I love everything about Rowan's gorgeous room.. Jen has included so many sweet personal details and quirky touches like the branches and colourful birds.



I had never thought of using grey in a nursery until I saw this charming room on Design*Sponge. The soft tones balance so nicely with with cute pops of colour and the striped ceiling is just wonderful.



It's all about the fabulous tree wall decal in this lovely room.  What a great way to add colour without needing to paint the walls.


One of my very favourite nurseries belongs to Eulalie.  Claire has used some beautiful and very clever details to create this space.  I especially love the mosquito netting, colourful floor cushions and wonderful storage solutions. 


And I don't think I'll be able to resist a touch of retro in my nursery, so it's lovely to see some fun touches working perfectly in this room


Of course, another of my favourite nuseries is Gemma Bird's sweet room.  I just adore how James has incorporate her thrifted finds and made great use of the wall space with these storage baskets for adorable softies. 

I'd love to hear your nursery styling tips! What are your nursery favourite must haves and special extras?

Much Love
xxx

Click on links for original image sources and to see some gorgeous nursery tours. 

13 comments:

  1. I just finished my nursery for my soon-to-be little boy and had so much fun thrifting pretty much everything in his room. I absolutely love vintage so that's the feel I went for: http://www.honeysuckleblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-boys-nursery-reveal.html

    You're going to have so much fun making a nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some happy children growing up in these spaces. Love Eulalie's use of a branch for a clothing rod. Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of having branches and trees in a nursery, beats having a shopbought mobile for your baby to look at! All of James' children's rooms are so stylish too.
    Faye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are so much nicer than just painting the walls and buying furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love these nurseries! Especially love the white walls in each rather than the typical blue and pink.

    I've started following you on Bloglovin and love your site already! :)

    Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage
    http://fabulouslyvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that gray nursery from D*S--actually, I kind of want to use it as inspiration for our master bedroom when we get a home! It's so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh very exciting

    A moodboard would be good too to help mix up the ideas of what you like from each nursery. The board will help you narrow down the choices which can be overwhelming especially anything to do with babies!

    Have fun

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting :)

    And secondly, thank you for featuring Eulalie's space - I'm flattered!

    Creating space for baby is such a precious time! My advice is to not rush... it doesn't all need to be done before bub's arrival. Lalie's space really only came together when she was 8 months old... after I got to know her a little. I think by waiting I've created a much more personal space - a space for her, not just for me.

    Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the striped ceiling in the second picture. That would be so interesting and so sweet if you thnk about it - Thats what the baby will be looking at most so why not make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, how exciting! I agree, don't rush. Be practical as well as decorative. Baby shopping and preparation can be overwhelming! There are some really great designs that can carry you through years with your child. Have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These nurseries are amazing. I can't wait to see what you do for your little one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x