Monday, 23 April 2012

What I Wore.. Gathering Leaves



Top: Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's Skirt: Sunny Girl 
Belt: Thrifted Sunglasses: c/o Mix Apparel 
Shoes: Cotton On - Painted by me

So as I spent most of the weekend in my 'making a mess' attire, this was my most creative outfit for the weekend and was quite suitable for our leaf gathering picnic.  The skirt is one of my favourites and I've had it since I worked at a little boutique on the Gold Coast about eight years ago.  I still wear it often and it always seems to blend in nicely with the surroundings.  I painted these cheap Oxfords a few months back after a year of not wearing them once.. Now I wear them all the time! Amazing what a little bit of paint can do.. although I'm not sure how they would fare in the rain.  Another item getting a workout in my wardrobe is this tee, I bought it in New York and I can't believe how handy it is.  That and I always feel a little more chic when I'm wearing Karl Lagerfeld, even when I'm searching for pretty leaves. 

What's your go 'chic' wardrobe item?
Much Love
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Love these shoes!

    Different outfit for you - I love your more colourful dresses and skirts, but I'm super partial to that especially if vintage! But this outfit does have very autumn feel!

    bxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric for your skirt! xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspired outfit indeed, love the whole ensemble. The painted 'Oxfords'are fantastic! I used to paint my shoes in my teens and love seeing some adaptive reuse techniques to repurpose a wardrobe being used, especially as fashion is/can be so throw away... My 'chic' wardrobe peices are from 'The Wolf & I' range, an awesome independant label in Melbourne check this interview out...http://www.thefinderskeepers.com/blog/2011/05/featured-designer-the-wolf-and-i/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You even blend in with the location! Lovely! I wore my oxfords today! ...must be that kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes! May be enough to awaken a tiny DIY in me...which is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Defititely love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit - I really love that skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x