Saturday, 21 April 2012

Happy Weekend..


Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a most lovely start to your weekend.  Mine has been busy indeed as I'm working on a textiles project for Uni and have spent the morning gathering Eucalyptus leaves to be illustrated and hopefully used to naturally dye some fabric.    At the moment the house smells like a old gum tree and I can't wait to see the results of my morning's experimenting.  There was also a little bit of thrifting involved on the way to the leaf gathering site and a lovely picnic lunch by the billabong (doesn't that sound very Australian!). What are your plans this weekend? Looking for something lovely to do? Why don't you..  

Get inspired to decorate from this lovely home
Make a super cute paper bouquet
DIY a sweet little wooden trivet for your teapot 
Create your own outdoor cinema
Learn how to do a lovely crown braid
Wear a fabulous pair of ballet flats
Add some cute hearts to your sweater sleeves
Learn how to dye leather (so interesting!)
Get crafty and make a rainbow doormat
Or add a rainbow to your wardrobe

I'll be back a little later on with a very botanical DIY.

Much Love
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Your dying efforts sound interesting.
    I've spent half of the day selling at my first market. Tomorrow will be friends , family and some early birthday celebrations for my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the markets! I hope it was a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a very Australian day! Hehe. We've spent our weekend doing lots of little projects around the house, like weeding in the front yard. It's good cosy 'stay inside and work on crafts' weather today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x