Thursday, 22 March 2012

The World of Shakespeare & Company..



On the Left Bank in Paris, close to Notre Dame, you'll find the little book shop you've always been dreaming about.  Instantly recognisable with its iconic yellow sign and boxes of paperbacks on the street blowing gently in the breeze, when you stumble upon Shakespeare & Company you know your life will never quite be the same.

This little film gives a remarkable insight into the often mysterious world of the book store and the tumble weeds that live and write amongst the books.   

Much Love
xxx

Thank you George Whitman for creating this remarkable shop, you will forever be loved and dearly missed by every person who is ever lucky enough to have visited your beautiful world. 


7 comments:

  1. Yes! I loved this place (and am constantly telling friends who visit Paris to go there, if only so I can live vicariously through them) - love that it's featured in Before Sunset too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there when I was in Paris and it was just perfect. You hope one day you'll be able to go!

    -Madeline Grace
    Just Let the Sparrows Fly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was able to visit in 2005 and only wish I'd been able to stay a little longer. I look forward to going back soon and my dream has always been to write amongst the books for the afternoon.
      Sophie x

      Delete
  3. I am just dying to be one of those people who is lucky enough to write surrounded by the books. Add living in Paris to that and personally I think you've got things made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so inspiring, I had to share it with my readers too! You can check it out here, if you like:

    http://scissorsandsteam.blogspot.com/2012/03/books-are-brain-food-part-first.html

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x