Monday, 26 March 2012

What I Wore.. Delightful Tights


 Dress: Vintage-Thrifted  Tights: Gift from a friend  
Shoes: Rivers Belt: Kmart  Brooch: Vintage
Sunglasses: Wilde Asher (coming soon) Bracelets: Thrifted

I found this dress on a thrifting adventure a few weeks ago and fell in love with the pattern immediately.  I love the shade of red and the splashes of yellow, purple and blue... Ordinarily I would have thrown on a pair of black ballet flats to go grocery shopping yesterday afternoon, but it was Sunday and the perfect opportunity to play dress ups.  A lovely friend sent me this fab pair of mustard tights last year and it’s been too warm to wear them until now.  One of my goals for this year is to wear bright tights, so I can now officially tick it off my list.  And what does one wear on their feet with mustard tights, wonderful blue heels of course.  It always amazes me just how lady-like a pair of heels make me feel and although I did get quite a strange looks in the supermarket, I’m officially in love with bright tights.  Now to decide on what colour to try next!

Happy Monday!
Much Love
xxx

14 comments:

  1. I adore those shoes! I've also been trying to break into colorful tights, but it's just hitting Spring over here, so I suppose I'll have to wait a few months. I'm looking forward to lots of wonderful inspiration from you!

    feathersandbirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely. I am addicted to coloured tights. We're just heading into Spring/Summer in Blighty now and I'm dreading having to pack my tights away for the warmer months. Btw, that dress was a thrifted find and a half! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the pattern of your dress. :) I get funny looks when I wear brightly colored tights around campus too, but I don't mind. It is too much fun! :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this outfit :-) I love bright tights too. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to start wearing bright tights as well, but I'm struggling to find them. I've only seen a red pair so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some delightful tights! I have a pair of purply pink tights with a pattern and I love them. Coloured tights make any outfit more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa! those shoes are amazing!
    sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought some mustar coloured tights just yesterday! Can't wait to wear them. Thanks for the inspiration :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow and turquoise!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair of lovely mustard yellow tights just like yours but I haven't been brave enough to wear mine yet. I keep umming and aahing over the best outfit to wear them with. I think I just need to take a leaf out of your book and JUST DO IT!

    YAY for bright tights!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous dress, and your shoes are brilliant too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tattoo Sophie! I'm thinking of getting my next one in that position... a little tea-cup! Gorgeous dress and sunnies too :) xxx

    http://pointlessprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x