Friday, 30 March 2012

Love Her Style.. Love Elycia


Happy Friday! Today I'm delighted to be interviewing the fabulous Elycia from Love Elycia.  I just adore Elycia's super fun and playful style, her fantastic use of colour and cute accessories, the fact that she's not afraid to make up her own fashion rules and her amazing collection of bright tights.     


Describe your style:  I have a hard time describing my style. I would have to say that it is vintage inspired with lots of colour. I like to have fun with my clothes and I usually wind up with perfectly silly outfits that I feel are just the right amount of crazy (for me).

What and who inspires your style?  The thing that inspires my style the most is colour and/or colour combinations. Sometimes I will base an entire outfit around a certain colour that I feel like wearing. I like to choose a starting point and add things until my outfit feels complete. As far as the who, I love to browse blogs but I can't say that one person inspires me more than others. I will just see random things from different people that spark ideas.

Has your style changed over the years?  My style has definitely evolved and changed over the years but I have always enjoyed colour and putting together outfits that feel fun to me. That being said, I do still have some items in my closet that I thrifted in high school!

Where do you like shopping for clothes and accessories? I love thrifting and vintage shopping to find clothes and accessories. I like the idea of treasure hunting to find interesting pieces and then figuring out how I can make them work for myself. If I am buying something new I basically shop exclusively online at sites like ModCloth.
What’s your favourite second hand fashion find? My favourite second hand find is this floral dress that I thrifted a few years back. I love the shape, the weight of the fabric, the colours and the fact that I'm pretty sure that someone made it! Plus it is one of Ivan's favourites so that is a bonus.


What’s your all time favourite item in your wardrobe? My favourite item of clothing is probably this vintage dress that I bought on Etsy from The Paraders. Once again I am crazy about the shape, weight of the fabric and the colours. Monochromatic colour schemes are one of the best things ever in my books!
Three words that sum up your style: Colourful, Silly, Fun
~~~
Be sure to pop over to Elycia's blog and check out more of her fabulous outfit posts and super fun vlogs.  She's certainly helped to inspire my new found love for bold tights! 
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for asking me to be a part of this feature! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for introducing me to Elycia's fabulous blog! Those tights are just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are fantastic :) I am so excited to start wearing them for spring and summer!!

    http://rootedinhisgrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the into! i love her style too. i err on the side of slightly crazy colourful combos. cheery tights win my heart : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, very inspiring to get back into tights this autumn! After being pregnant and not fitting them I am dying to get into the colours nd patterns again! Just worse my first floral lace ones in about 2 years! woohoo!

    thanks for inspiring - yet again!
    bxx

    bybande

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a big fan of Elycia... so enjoy seeing what she pulls together with her fun finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combos, the navy and red one could be how you could wear your new 'kilt'! Also wanting that crochet rug on the lounge..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Thank you for introducing me to this blog. I love the way she mixes colours and is always changing her hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving how much colour she wears! So sunny and happy looking :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x