Sunday, 4 March 2012

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday lovely thrifters! I hope you've had a lovely weekend filled with family, friends, and thrifting of course.  Perhaps you've found a few lovely pieces to add to your collections, or perhaps you've begun a new search you something special.  Pop over here to check out all the fabulous finds from last week.

This week my usual thrift spots we a little low on my regular treasures, so I began to search in a few different areas and made some sweet discoveries... all in my favourite colours.


My very favourite find for the week is this lovely retro yellow arm chair.  I spotted it on Thursday afternoon and was sad to leave it behind, but I came home Friday after work to find my lovely hubby had gone back to Vinnies and bought it for me! It is the perfect afternoon reading chair.


I was delighted to come across a whole stack of vintage Readers Digest books this week.  Not only are the covers so pretty, but they contain some of my favourite novels too!


And thanks to the fabulous thrifting eyes of Annie I scored some lovely Johnson plates to add to my collection.  

I'd love to know what you found this week.  To play along  just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx



28 comments:

  1. I've also found some vintage Readers Digest books yesterday! I bought 5 of them (I think) - including Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice. I left the others behind because I'm not familiar with the titles, but if they're still there by the time I come back, I might buy them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous at your beautiful finds! That armchair is the perfect addition to any room! It adds so much character :) And I'm obsessed with anything printed in hardcovers - those books are gorgeous! And the plates are so delightful, especially the sunflowers. I've been trying to find any hooks/hangers lately in Vinnies and found a expandable hat rack for such a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that chair! The color is absolutely gorgeous!
    And those books are absolutely lovely, too. I love the colors!

    I just went to a couple of flea markets and a few thrifts today, so I'll have to share my finds soon and link up!
    xo, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reader's digest books too. i always want to figure out some kind of awesome craft to use them for because they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some good stuff this weekend. Finally the drought is over and I got to several thrift store and found stuff to buy this weeks. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An afternoon on that chair with those books would be delightful.

    Is there a Johnson plate pattern you don't have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful husband you have! the books are such pretty colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Readers Digest covers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chair is divine! Reminds me a of a chair my parents had when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic find that chair is! It looks so cosy - definitely the perfect place for some afternoon reading on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chair - looks quite comfy!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. that chair is wonderful, you have such a lovely husband!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the old Reader's Digest books! I have an old copy of Oliver's Twist which I found in a second-hand store. It's such a beautiful hard-cover copy and when I first bought it I actually didn't realise it was Reader's Digest. I love you collection :)

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm in love with that chair! Lately I've been crazy about all shades of yellow! ;)

    Have a beautiful week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gaaaah, that chair is gorgeous! Great finds!

    Catherine, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the chair. There is one selling near my work but it has a bung spring, shame but I have to stop buying chair anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That chair is great! It looks comfy. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting. Finally got to a flea market. Your plate collection is expanding. Hope you don't mind that I posted twice - the stool was just to great to keep to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous finds! And what a sweetheart your husband is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This chair is adorable!! The books work too perfectly with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what lovely finds! Those Readers Digest books always have such pretty covers. Thank you for hosting and I'd love for you to join my thrifty love link up too if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those books are delightful, fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hubby was so sweet to get the chair for you. Thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute chair and the Readers' Digests are perfect finds! Just found you and linking up today 'Made in USA'...new friend too! Drop by for a visit sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely hubby you have! Can you send him to my hubby to teach him some lessons?

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x