Monday, 27 February 2012

What I Wore..Endless Summer



Blouse: Target  Skirt: Red Velvet 
Belt: Thrifted  Shoes: Thrifted 
Brooch: Vintage  Sunglasses: Wilde Asher (coming soon)

Right now I'm celebrating the last few days of Summer.  It's been an amazing few month, full of lovely moments, thrifting adventures and caravan renovations.  For me, this Summer has been all about embracing colour in my world, stepping outside my safety net and taking a leap into the unknown.  In the world of colour, I'm trying out blue again, my mum dressed me in lovely shades of blue growing up, somehow over the years I drifted away from it.  But this blouse certainly called me back.  How could I resist, a Peter Pan collar, perfect sleeves and scalloped edges! I'm so delighted it worked with my recent purchase from Red Velvet.  This skirt made me smile as soon as I saw it and some how sums up my endless summer, new friends, new adventures and new colours. Now I'm looking forward to taking my Summer love of colour in to Autumn.

Are you looking forward to a change in seasons?
Much Love
xxx

17 comments:

  1. The skirt is amazing, plus the scallop detail on the blouse?! So good!

    Catherine, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that top is the cutest! Don't you just love Target?

    Also, I'm sorry to hear that summer is coming to an end for you :( Here in the states, it's winter that is coming to an end soon (THANK GOODNESS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit Sophie! Oh my YES I am looking forward to a change for the better... SPRING! I do love dear Edinburgh but my my my is it unpleasant up here this time of year! I'd love to be in Australia right about now... (actually, it has always been a dream of mine!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blouse! How long ago did you buy it? I would love to own one like that, but I haven't seen that at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you look darling!
    I'm definitely looking forward to a change of season. It's still winter here, but the wet kind. I don't really like the dark, wet, cold season - I'm a summer gal :-)

    Go on wearing bright colours in winter - that makes winter so much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a sucker for a floral skirt, it's so lovely! And the scallops on your blouse add another dose of sweetness. I'm really looking forward to spring, even though Florida winters are nothing to whine about :)

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt! It is so beautiful! I am so jealous of your weather right now. It is freezing and windy in Pennsylvania. I keep praying for spring to get here fast. :)

    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgous outfit. i love that blouse, and i would have never thought to pair it with that skirt, but it works perfectly! just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE this outfit! reminds me of summer. beautiful colours! precious
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that I have always been a beige girl. But thanks to you and other blogs I read I am inspired to show my more colorful side :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the skirt looks great on, but the blouse steals the show! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so in love with this whole look and the background makes the outfit. So pretty!!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh yes- SO looking forward to the end of summer and the return of my true love Autumn. I can't stand the hot weather (I know I live in the wrong country, I'm working on that) so the quicker we get doused in rain and orange leaves, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo that skirt is amazing! And so is that blouse! I can't believe its from Target!! Such lovely pictures!

    x Aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This shirt is so amazing. We don't have it at our Target! Wonder if you guys are ahead of us? I hope it comes to ours soon, it's so so so lovely!

    xo, Meghan
    Ahoynative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x