Thursday, 23 February 2012

Midweek Thrifting..


Perhaps one of my very favourite parts of the week.. Finding a free moment to search the freshly stocked shelves of my favourite thrift stores for delightful treasures. 


I just love these vintage aprons.  The patterns and details are so sweet, I would love to wear them out and about.. 


A lovely floral pie dish.. 


A set of too cute salt and pepper shakers.. I love the toothpick holder.


And I must have sent out good typewriter vibes this week because I found this lovely grey Olivetti waiting for a new home.

Have you been thrifting this week? Do your plan your trips or do you go on a whim? Sometimes I just get a good feeling and just pop in.. it's always so much fun to find something fabulous by chance.

Happy Thrifting!
Much Love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE love love the aprons you picked up! Last summer I went on a small vintage apron spree. Aren't they just so fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been thrifting today. I bought 2 little plastic ducks, a yellow dotted mug, a orange plate, and a bunch of little plastic animals all together for 2 euro. And I didn't had to pay because a had a credit of 2 euro. So all this was for free!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so lovely! Especially the salt & peppers shakers and the aprons. I found loads yesterday, including a set of scales, a 60s box bag, a pair of loafers & a couple of cat figurines :)

    Catherine, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL your shopping, particulary coveting the salt'n'pepper shakers right now.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red gingham apron! I have seen some of these at my local markets, so hopefully you will be able to pick up some more when you come down ;)
    My thrifting trips are always opportunistic. I often travel 1-2 hrs out of Adelaide for work/study & would like to visit some country thrift stores more, but always seem to run out of time ... booo.
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous! i estate sale on thursdays, the one day i don't have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aprons and pinnies are fabulous!!! Love love the salt n pepper shakers, they match the dress I am wearing today, yay!!!! v

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aprons to die for!! Why not wear them out and about. Who makes the rules anyway? bec x

    ReplyDelete
  9. No haven't had time this week, but I do miss my peeks into my regular haunts. Hope I haven't missed anything brilliant! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous finds as always! This week I scored some vintage, mustard yellow couches, right of my wish list! I can now die a happy lady :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those aprons and the quaint floral design on the pie dish is lovely. love your ability to thrift midweek...the hours the gallery works me during the week means i can never get out and have a wander which makes my weekend adventures quite organised and strategic. :) i already have 7 oppies lined up for tomorrow...all pre-move i may add! haha. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x