Friday, 24 February 2012

Love Her Style.. Here Comes The Sun


Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm delighted to be interviewing the lovely Amanda from Here Comes the Sun.   I always inspired by Amanda's sweet and eclectic style, her use of bold colours, fun prints and most gorgeous hats.   


Describe your style: I always find this question so hard because I don't feel like I have just one "look", it's kinda different every day. I'm a bit of a mix and my wardrobe is full of all kinds of different things - preppy, classic, vintage etc etc.

What and who inspires your style? My three biggest style inspirations are pretty cliche for a blogger but I do really love Ashley Olsen, Alexa Chung and Zooey Deschanel. But I also think being from New Zealand has been quite influential for my style because we're in opposite seasons to most of the world so we're either really late with trends, or a little early, but either way I feel like we have our own "downunder" kinda style. I grew up in a small town that didn't have big chain stores so I was always op shopping and I think that helped me to discover my own style and trying different things.


Has your style changed over the years? I'm definitely less influenced by trends than I used to be. Over time as I've gotten more confident in myself and with trusting my own taste I've felt more free to try things that I like and what works for my figure, rather than having to dress in the "latest thing".


Where do you like shopping for clothes and accessories? I'm a big lover of online shopping. I get a lot of my clothes from Market HQ, Romwe, ASOS and I've had some good successes on Ebay as well. For accessories, Etsy is always great for vintage and handmade items.


What’s your favourite second hand fashion find? I have a tooled leather satchel that was an amazing op shop find ($2!) that I have always been really happy with and also a pair of brown leather shoes that seem to go with almost everything that I've been thrashing for a couple of years and are still in great condition.


What’s your all time favourite item in your wardrobe? It might sound weird, because it's such a basic item - but a black A line skirt I have that sits just above the knee and cinches at the waist. It's just the right shape and cut for my figure, but also goes with almost everything and is so easy to throw on with a cute top or a tshirt. I love it so much I recently bought the exact same skirt but in maroon, so I can have a little variety.

Three words that sum up your style: Feminine, understated, colourful

~~~

You can see more of Amanda's outfits over at her fabulous blog and be sure to check out this magical photo shoot she did recently with Kopie Photography, I'm seriously loving the velvet and feathers.  

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to go check out Amanda's blog now...I love her style! This is such a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes she is a great lady, love her style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her pretty blouses, I'd love to find a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how she uses so many different colors :)

    http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x