Friday, 17 February 2012

Love Her Style.. The Dainty Squid


Today I'm super excited to be interviewing one of my favourite bloggers, Kaylah from The Dainty Squid.  Ever since I first discovered Kaylah's gorgeous blog, I've been inspired by her beautifully eclectic style, her wonderfully playful use of colour and the super cute quirky details that really make her outfits unique.  


Describe your style:  It's so hard to describe my style! It's definitely a little "out there"! It's like a grandma's closet and a child's closet both exploded and I picked up the pieces and put them in mine. Haha. That sounds like a fair description, right?


What and who inspires your style? Everyone and everything. I normally don't find myself seeing something and immediately recognizing that it will inspire me, it happens after the fact and when I look back and am like "woah!"

Has your style changed over the years? Oh, absolutely! It's always evolving, it'd get pretty boring if it didn't, right? 


Where do you like shopping for clothes and accessories? Mostly thrift stores and estate sales. I try my hardest to keep my wardrobe filled with one of a kind items that withstand the test of time. I love vintage clothes because you're almost guaranteed they're quality if they'd held up this long. I also like thrift stores and estate sales for clothing because it's normally at really great prices which means I can get more bang for my buck. Once at an estate sale I bought 30 items of clothing for $15, try doing that at a big box store! 


What’s you’re favourite second hand fashion find? Currently, a pair of blue cowboy boots! I'm pretty obsessed with them right now. 


What’s your all time favourite item in your wardrobe? That's so hard! But I think I'm going to have to go with this pretty blue vintage dress that I originally thought was a night gown. It zips up the front but then buttons up over top of that. There is just something about the fit that makes it my go-to dress when I can't figure out what to wear. 

Three words that sum up your style: Colorful, lively & unique.

~~~

Be sure to pop over to Kaylah's blog and check out more of her gorgeous outfit posts, inspiring tutorials and most recently her fun vlog with the lovely Elycia.  I can't wait to try out the zig zag nails at our crafternoon today!

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love the Dainty Squid oh so very much!

    Thanks for sharing the lovely interview.

    xo, Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dainty Squid is one of my fav blogs! Thanks for featuring her, Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen anyone pull off rainbow hair as awesomely as she does!~ Love her blog!
    Megan K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture is my absolute favourite ever of Kaylah. She is absolutely stunning :)
    Toni xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree her blog is darling.
    and i love all her tattoos.

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! I just discovered The Dainty Squid recently myself... and those blue boots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a long-time fan of Kaylah's blog (and wardrobe!) (And hair!). Her bestie Elycia is cute as a button as well.

    Did you see the post I did on Thursday about the vintage girls? You're in there! Oh and before you go over, I hope you take it in good spirits, Sophie. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning, love every single of the looks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x