Monday, 30 January 2012

What I Wore.. My Favourite


Dress: Vintage from Retro Metro  Shoes: Rivers
Hat: Equip Sunglasses: Vintage - Foster Grant 

The weather was so lovely here on Australia Day, especially in the morning, so we decided to go down to one of our favourite spots by the river to have lunch and listen to the Hottest 100.  Rather than going the traditional colours, I thought I'd wear a little green and gold (ok so mainly green) to celebrate, so I turned to my favourite vintage dress. It's actually the first vintage dress I ever bought and is truly my old faithful, especially when I want to inject a little colour into my day. There is just something about the big collar, button detail and of course the super fun shades of 1970s green that makes me smile.  It's also really versatile, I've worn it in middle of winter with boots and a jacket and on lovely summer days like this one.  Just add big sunglasses and a floppy summer hat for a super easy picnic outfit.  

Do you have an old faithful outfit that you love to wear?

Much Love
xxx

10 comments:

  1. What a cute dress. The color looks wonderful on you. Have a great week. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your overall look, the sunglasses, paisley print dress & floppy hat look great for a warm day! Green also seems to be your color. I have several '50s and '60s cotton dresses that I wear year round and will reach for despite the outing or weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think I have a vintage tablecloth in the stash in that same print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. Love your finds- everything is supercute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, everyone finds nice shoes at Rivers except me. I think everyone's been ducking in there ahead of me and scooping up all of the good ones in my size.

    That green dress is just gorgeous and I can definitely see why it's a favourite. It looks perfect for some laidback Australia Day celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! The dress looks great on you - can see why it is your favourite

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite outfit post of yours EVER! x Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in green.
    I LOVE to wear green and grey. My eyes are green and I have bright red hair..those colors seem to work well on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x