Monday, 23 January 2012

What I Wore.. Market Day


Top: Cotton On    Skirt: Vintage (Borrowed from Kelly)
Belt: Thrifted  Shoes: Rivers  Brooch: Vintage
Headband: H &M  Tote Bag: The Met Bookshop
  Sunglasses: Vintage - Foster Grant

I just love Saturday market days..It's the perfect start to the weekend, especially when there is good coffee and lovely company.  And what does one wear to a market, a lovely pleated skirt of course. This gorgeous  skirt belongs to Kelly from Elegantly Academic.  She has such a fabulous wardrobe and I'm very excited to be doing a little style swapping with her and some other lovely fashion bloggers.  Kelly paired it up here with a sweet mustard cardigan, which is how I love to wear navy too. But for a summer Saturday I thought I'd take a different spin on the classic polka dots and pair it a punchy orange top and tied it together with a headband which is actually the belt to this dress.  It seems I have a bunch of dresses with these fabric belts and I'm loving them as a nice alternative to wearing a scarf.  I'm sending Kelly a few pieces from my wardrobe this week and I can't wait to see how she styles them.  

Do you wear navy? I'd love to know what colours you pair it with.

Happy Monday!
Much Love
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Who would've thought navy and orange would go together? But they look so great here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love navy & mustard yellow or navy with chartreuse! you're adorable!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wear navy all right - I probably wear too much navy! I've decided this year that I'm going to inject more colour into my wardrobe - but I figure I'll probably still tie it all together somehow with navy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your skirt! i'd wear it with a polka dot sweater...with big old polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! Cotton On have some really cute wardrobe staples. Your Saturday sounded perfect! The worst thing about working Saturday mornings is making people their coffees rather than drinking it on a cute coffee date!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours make for a great outfit. I think those shoes are the best thing you've bought - they go with everything and the were such good value!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super lovely pics - you look gorgeous! I wear navy - always with red or ywllow and white. I want to mix it up but I never know what else to wear it with... I always feel a bit too 'sensible' in navy! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, love how the orange and blue look together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! That colour is gorgeous on you. So jealous of your lovely summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lOVE the polka dot skirt. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so cute, I love how you've styled the polka dots with the brightly coloured top <3 Also a huge fan of those sunnies! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is so fun and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pics, you look so sweet. Polka dots never fail to make me happy. Do you remember the dots that Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman? Brown and white with matching hat. Just perfect. I love navy too, and I really like it matched with chocolate brown. jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x