Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Midweek Thrifting..


By about Wednesday each week, I begin to wonder if the thrifting fairies have delivered any new delights to the local thrift shops.  This afternoon It thought I'd take a quick fossick around and I'm so delighted I did. 


Some pretty Johnson love.. and a of couple new to me patterns


This lovely little reminder..


A fabulously retro sugar bowl


And my find of the day.. A gorgeous 1970s maxi dress with bell bottom sleeves

This week I've also been working on some very exciting bits and pieces for the blog, for Wilde Asher and a little side project I can't wait to tell you more about very soon.   

Hope you are having a great thrifting week too!
xxx  

10 comments:

  1. I have a large oval plate that matches your sugar bowl! I bought it in a secondhand shop in Bodmin, Cornwall, England while I was holidaying there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nothing matters excepth to have a happy heart" - I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I don't know how you do it! I've been reading your blog for a little while now... and you seem to always find such fabulous things! I have sporadic luck when shopping my local thrift stores. Perhaps you can rub some of your luck off on me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a fondness for Johnson crockery. We always had it growing up and it's still in my house now. It's wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgious finds! I never find cute suff like that. Go you!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh goodness..i want to go thrifting with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This makes me want to go thrifting, though I wish that my area didn't just have the chain thrift stores. I'd love to go thrifting with you. You seem to find the cutest treasures.
    xo Amanda
    http://lovely-charming-delightful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a little mirror just like yours! but the girls hair is down and it says "the best days are filled with love". i bought it to give a friend for her birthday but ended up keeping it because i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely, lovely Johnson. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x