Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Midweek Thrifting..


I do love a bit of midweek thrifting and almost as soon as I'd picked my mum up from the airport yesterday I was taking her to a few of my favourite thrift shops.  She's got such a great eye and found some fabulous pieces and our good thrifting fortunes continued today with a few more lucky discoveries.


We found some wonderful 1970s pieces yesterday including this beautiful floor length dress. 


And we stumbled upon this lovely set of Wood & Sons crockery tucked away in a box just as we were leaving the shop.  It really does pay to look in every corner!


I've got a crush on vintage Pyrex pie dishes at the moment and all their pretty colours and was delighted to add lime green and yellow to my collection.


And I was so excited to find another amazing Polaroid land camera.. They are such gorgeous cameras.  Now I really must buy some film!

Tonight mum and I have been sorting and tagging lovely vintage dresses for Wilde Asher.  It's been so much fun to name each piece, create collections and see everything coming together.  Tomorrow we are jewellery making and photographing homewares, what fun! Can't wait to show you more tomorrow!

Have you found any treasures so far this week? I know Laura and Kate have! If you're on Instagram be sure to check out their Johnson love from today.

xxx

21 comments:

  1. Amazing thrift finds Sophie! Reading your post is giving me thrifting withdrawal symptoms!

    Your mum sounds like the perfect shopping partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what treasures you uncovered...i love them all! Oh and your dress naming reminds me of a book i read called The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean. A gorgeous story about a lovely old nanna who runs a vintage store and with every vintage dress she sells she gives the new owner a hand written story of the life that dress once had...and all in the prose of the dress itself as if it is telling the story.

    Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Officially obsessed with the dress. How stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wood & sons set so much my heart hurts. Have fun with mama!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is a stunner! Does it fit? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pyrex pie plates - now you must make some pie!! Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so jealous of your camera film, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top you found is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't get enough of that pyrex:-) I have a burgeoning collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went on a thrifting adventure with my mom yesterday too! I did not get much because am traveling and trying to stay (somewhat) lightly packed, but my mom really lucked out! Looks like you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must try and find Polaroid film too. If your or I find a bulk buy, do you want to share the cost? Not that I've found one yet but if I do. I think, off the top of my head, I am looking for 600 something-or-other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so VERY jealous of that camera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky! Especially when it comes to the '70s dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow amazing finds. How do you fit it all in your house? I find I have to continually let things go to fit more beauties in. Do you?
    D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been thrifting, but I have spotted something I think you'll like very much: http://www.retronaut.co/2012/01/the-instant-decorative-pick-me-up-1970s/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the dress.....sigh!
    I found a camera similar to yours last week....love it.
    i must join your weekly thrift finds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH that dress is a dream!
    and the camera is so gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love going op shopping with my mum too :) I found your blog through Elyse of Give Me Bows and am so glad I did. I love all your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sdjflsadjflsdjflsdjflsjflsdjflfjlsdfj!!!!
    OH DEAR! That dish set!
    Swooooon.
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x