Thursday, 5 January 2012

Fun Things To Do..


As long as I can remember I've been crafty, cutting, pasting, beading, sewing and making a fabulous mess!  When I was nine, I set up I cardboard box in the corner of my room, draped it with fabric and turned it into my beading work station.  Needless to say, my mum was forever vacuuming beads out of the carpet.  In the same year (this was the mid 90s) I became fascinated by recycling and tried for hours to make my own recycled paper.  Inspired by the things I loved to do in the 90s, here is a little collection of nostalgic DIYs and lovely  things to do, perfect to do with kids on holidays, just to do for a bit of fun or to brighten your day!


 Bead a Daisy Chain (something I've always wanted to perfect)


Make homemade chalk and draw rainbows on the pavement

Make your own fort (here's mine)

Make library card notebooks
Make your notebooks pretty (my DIY on One Sheepish Girl)

Wear your hair in sweet braids

Bake rainbow cupcakes

Watch a cute 90s film! My favourites, Now and Then and The Babysitters Club

Hope you have a wonderful day, whatever you get up to! I'm off to Spotlight to buy some beads and try out this daisy chain bracelet.  

Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. So many cute things to try, I always wanted to learn how to make friendship bracelets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched now and then! I can't find the baby sitters club anywhere. She's all that is one of 90's favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a tent so much!! On my next day off I want to build one of my own. Pictures will definitely be taken if I do.

    Thanks for posting this list~ it is so full of wonderful ideas! They are all so wonderful, I can't help but be excited! *^_^*v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so many fun projects! I wish I had time to try them all! I hope you had a great day Sophie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember making my own paper - tho maybe in the 80's for me. We also use to make paper mache money boxes - endless hours of mess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh I love that daintysquid blog! thanks for posting it :)


    x angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the babysitter's club. Good picks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x