Sunday, 29 January 2012

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday thrifters! I hope you are enjoying your weekend and have found some lovely second hand treats. The finds already this year have been just amazing and it's only January, I can't wait to see what treasures everyone has found this week.  Oh and be sure to check out last week's finds over here.  They are so very inspiring!

This week most of my thrifting happened during my lovely thrifting adventure on Wednesday, however I did find a few bits and pieces later in the week that made me smile. And I've got a few more of last week's finds to share too.


This lovely three piece Johnson set caught my eye and just had to join the collection.


I found these canisters on different days and just realised they are both made by the same Melbourne company.  I love Australian vintage..


A few of last weeks treasures, including fabulous retro dish, Fire King cup and saucer and a lovely winter print which is such a delight to look at in the heat of summer.


And one of my favourite finds for the week.. This 1962 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  


The whole binder is in such lovely condition and not only is it filled with fabulous photographs, illustrations and patterns, in amongst the pages I also found a stash of lovely hand written recipes.   It is quite the little treasure trove and I can't wait to try a few out. 

I'd love to know what you found this week.  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
Much Love
xxx



31 comments:

  1. I love the green canister, and I have that same cookbook. The pictures are just fabulous. :) It's fun to try to figure out what life might have been like for the one that cooked from it. Did you find any notes in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook is such a good find! I'm a bit of a sucker for vintage books of any description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the cookbook looks like a real treasure, and of course I love all the Johnson ware. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea and toast set is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the cookbook is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That recipe book is utterly fantastic. It looks absolutely adorable but that secret stash of hand-written recipes inside makes it even more amazing. Will you be trying any of them out soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the recipe book Sophie...what a bonus to find some hand-written recipes also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cook book - I'd be tempted to frame some of those fabulous photos and hang them in my kitchen - but would that be sacrilege?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very lucky to find a cookbook like that! Can't wait to see what goodies you whip up from it. Love the Johnson set too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy I stumbled across your lovely blog today! These are amazing finds! I'm a little bit jealous actually...

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have totally inspired me to start collecting Johnson, I can't believe I'd never really noticed it before!
    xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cups and saucers - especially the Fire King one - great colour.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the winter print! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found the very same cookbook, same year too before Christmas, I haven't had time to sit down and study it yet - but, you're right - beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh...the cookbook is such a great find! Especially with the handwritten recipes! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hoping to run into a vintage copy of that cookbook myself. Such great finds. Thanks for always hosting this linkup, by the way. I always look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting. I still use that cookbook. It is a classic. Lots to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Alpine winter scene. And the Fire King cup and saucer is great. Thanks for hosting this fun party!
    Lynn
    Email: Lynn@nsytes.com
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oohhhh, I found a beautiful lil Johnson set too.
    Can't seem to add my link, but I did blog about it here :
    http://wildaboutmelbourne.blogspot.com
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the paint by number! Beautiful finds, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  21. you always find the best stuff! where do you put it all?!

    http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/01/and-not-to-pull-your-halo-down-around.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. The BH&G Cookbook looks divine: what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the colours in that painting. such vibrant blues and crisp whites. just lovely!

    chrissy
    http://mydearwatsonblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have a lovely blog! Just linked for the first time! New follower :) ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet idea... It is so exciting to see everyone's thrifty finds! :)

    Janelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x