Sunday, 15 January 2012

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday my lovely thrifty friends! How is your weekend treating you? I hope you've found some wonderful second hand treasures this week, perhaps you've even been on an adventure.  Thanks so much for playing along last week, it was the biggest ever Flea Market Finds, which is very exciting indeed.  Do you have thrifting friends, make sure you let them know so they can join in the fun, I'd love to reach 100 thrifters this week! Pop over here to see everyone's inspiring finds. They are amazing!

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I was have a bit of a relaxed thrifting week, after last week's road trip, but it seems that I was in the right place at the right time when I did check out my favourite spots.


My find for the week.. and possibly one of my most favourite ever finds, is this amazing early 70s Adler typewriter in the most wonderful shade of yellow.  I can't quite believe my luck! I'm so excited to add it to my collection!


I stumbled upon this lovely vintage pyrex coffee jug after just noticing one featured on Oh So Lovely Vintage. It's in wonderful condition and even had the instruction booklet inside.  


I found some lovely Pyrex and Fire King pieces this week too.  I think I have a weakness for pretty bowls that don't really serve a purpose.. they are just so cute!


These two lovely Pyrex dishes are a little more practical. I'm loving the patterns too, especially the mushrooms.


And of course, I couldn't go a week without some pretty plates.  These are a few of my favourites.

I'd love to know what you found this week.  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.




29 comments:

  1. Oooh, I covet that typewriter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did find some lovely pieces. The sunny typewriter would make a stunning feature in any room I'm sure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mushroom pyrex bowl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that typewriter!!
    Been keeping an eye out for one for ages!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds Love the typewriter One of the thrifts here has a set of those mushroom pyrex mixing bowls They want more than I would pay for them though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. I love the typewriter that shade of yellow is so pretty and the bowls are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I would find a typewriter. Someday someday! It's my first time playing along with you all. Was quite excited to find out that there are so many lovely op-shoppers sharing their op-shop love. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar typewriter and oh how I love it. That color is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the coffee jug and the typewriter - great finds.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Pyrex tree bowl! That's one I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sophie, your new type-writer is lovely! Such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, typewriters. And what a happy one at that!

    The thrifting treasures that you and Laura have been uncovering have me itching for my own oppy time - I've been holding back for a while now!

    Enjoy the last bits of holidays.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a Pyrex bounty for you! Great finds! Love the little bowls - I use mine just about every day - for cereal or yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liking the pyrx coffee pot, they look too delicate to use tho !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered this blog, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i remember my grandmother having the complete set of the mushroom print when i was younger and thinking how dated it looked... now i would give anything to have it for my own. i had no foresight, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm starting to think you have a built in Pyrex detector. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness. You found the same typewriter that I put in your Flea Market Finds a few weeks back. Bet you I got mine cheaper though! Ha ha,just teasing (but I think I did - lol). Love your other finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the yellow typewriter! And everything else, too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finds but that yellow typewriter - the best. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pyrex is always my favorite! Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO jealous of that coffee pot! I always see them here without the holder. And of course those Fire King and Pyrex bowls are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe I found a set of mixing bowls with the same print as your little pyrex dishes. (in Adelaide). I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm simply obsessed with vintage everything- but I really adore vintage dish ware!
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x