Tuesday, 15 November 2011

We Are..


This afternoon as I watched a wonderful Etsy Portrait on artist, Rob Ryan I was captivated by this quote.  I began to wonder why it was that in the busyness of our daily lives we sometimes forget about our inner child.  As I thinking, something sparked within me. I immediately stopped what I was doing on the computer, went to my desk, found a pair of scissors and a stick of glue and began to cut and paste.  This was one of my favourite childhood activities and still is today. The sound of my favourite scissors and the faint scent of magazine pages mingle with my childhood memories of raiding my grandmother's greeting card drawer for inspiration and fills me with joy.

So take a moment to let your inner child out to play, find something you loved to do as a kid and embrace it, even just for a few minutes.  I promise it will make you smile. 

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I watched that Rob Ryan film too, it also filled me with all kinds of inspiration.

    I think that sometimes we can forget, even just briefly, about the things that captured our imaginations when we were children.

    This is a beautiful post. I am off to cut and paste and play... thanks for sharing and inspiring us Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make collages, always have. I started doing them again, this time with things from home magazines which I want to keep to inspire me... Kinda a grown up version of my childhood fun! Nice quote! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make collages, always have. I started doing them again, this time with things from home magazines which I want to keep to inspire me... Kinda a grown up version of my childhood fun! Nice quote! B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I think we all need to take the time to let our inner child play. Christmas always fills me with childhood excitement so this is my favourite time of the year. Have a lovely week xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the thought. I went back to my inner kid a few years ago when ill health stopped me from being a non stop worker. I spent my childhood and youth immersed in books. I'm back there again, rather worrying because I am sure the library will run out of reading material before I stop. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x