Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Searching for Inspiration..



For the first time in what feels like months, I sat down yesterday without a to do list.  I finally had time to be creative.  But it had been so long, I began to wonder, what it was that I actually wanted to create.  Searching for inspiration can be a daunting process, especially if it has been little while between projects. 

 For a moment, I got a little worried, I began questioning my ideas.  It was the little voice in the back of my head and the stash of magazines on my desk that reminded me.. The search is all part of the adventure.  So I dusted of my glue and scissors, found an empty sketchbook and set to work, exploring the pages for that spark of inspiration.


My Tips for Creating an Inspiration Page

1. Find a large space to work - I love making a mess on the dining table
2. Take you time - find a time when you feel most creative and set aside an hour or so to enjoy the process
3. Go with your instinct - If you love something, add it to your page
4. Go Big - Feeling restricted by the page.. Why not cover canvas or even a whole wall
5. Embrace the experience - It can be very rewarding, play your favourite music and enjoy a pot of tea while you create.


Creating an inspiration page or mood board always helps me to focus my energy and take note of the colours, patterns and words that I'm drawn to.  I'm always fascinated to see which images 'call' to me on particular days and I also find it is a really important way for me to keep track of my own changing style over the years.  

I hope my tips might help next time you are on the search for inspiration. 
 Have a wonderful creative day!

Much Love
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Sarah, I am a new follower and wanted to say great blog. This is such a great post, it kind of sounds like we are on the same page today. I posted about my to do list today. I'm trying to get myself more organized and get in the habit of writing my goals down on paper daily. This has definitely inspired me.

    Anyway, feel free to stop by my blog, it's called Skylar it pretty much covers everything. Feel free to follow back also.

    Thanks:)


    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great advice sophie, i'll definitely come back to this next time i'm searching for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for inspiration!! i am terribly inspired right now. all i want to do is stay home, read frankie, write letters and bake! have a wonderful week . xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I have folders of magazine clippings I've collected, but never pasted down. Definitely a much better idea to cut and paste as you go, so that you end up with pages instead of loose scraps floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about questioning yourself when you are not super inspired. Last year I got a really bad case of tendinitis and felt lost when I was able to knit again. I love this idea for keeping inspiration fresh. Thanks for posting this! *^_^*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grea tips! I love searching for inspo. I have an inspiration journal that I do just that with, I don't question it, if it's a pattern, space, outfit etc.. that I am drawn to I rip it out and glue it down! It's also a good thing to do while watching TV to do something creative

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x