Saturday, 5 November 2011

Saturday Decorating..

Inspired by this beautiful post from Spell and the Gypsy, I have been spending the afternoon creating a new little nook on our front porch.  After a trip to the hardware store for some simple blinds and spray paint, we set to work to make a relaxing afternoon space, making use of bits and piece we already had around the house.


I covered our old couch with a canvas painter's drop sheet and spray painted our rusty old outdoor furniture to bring it back to life. 


Some thrifted vases and lovely roses for the garden add a few details..


It's wonderful what a can of spray paint and a cushion can do for an old rusty chair..

I just love weekend decorating and can't wait to use this space for a little afternoon reading, crafting and entertaining over Summer.

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Looks very summery and very Mildura! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so lovely! Makes me wish we had a front porch..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetly romantic. Might have to invest in a can or two myself. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so lovely and so cosy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How inspiring!

    http://kathrynscuriouslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very nice, I would love a place that.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so peaceful!
    i'm pretty sure i have the same table and chair set! *toddles off to buy spray paint...*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, love this and you did such a fantastic job!! I adore decorating and transforming little parts of our space -SO fun! Enjoy your lovely new nook. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful space you've created. hoping you are parked there now having a tea and a read :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that flower in the last picture a pillow/cushion?! If so, I'm pretty sure I need it in my life! Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x