Tuesday, 22 November 2011

My Adventure..


Yesterday I found myself meandering through the afternoon, deep in my imagination, where I often like to explore.  As I was daydreaming I began to make notes and at the top of my page I wrote a little question.. Who am I.  And so I wondered for a little while.. and this is was my answer.

I'm the girl who is constantly making lists,
who likes to create her world into tiny vignettes and feels incomplete without a pen close by.

I'm the girl who collects your grandmother's crockery, who loves afternoon sunshine and the smell of incense dancing with frangpanis as the sun sets.

I'm the girl who lives in her own world and is often told that she took the wrong turn along the yellow brick road between Oz and  the rabbit hole to Wonderland.

I'm the girl who one day dreams of living in a lighthouse on a tiny island with a beautiful vegetable garden and a pretty little shed to potter in.  

And I'm the girl that decided yesterday that I would love a 1963 yellow slip screen Volkswagen Kombi to take on adventures. For what is more exciting than a brand new adventure?

 What is your next adventure?
Much Love
xxx

Quote inspired by this lovely little film

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely quote. It's nice to learn a bit more about you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be my twin sister. I'm off to have a long hard chat with my mother.
    Is there an adventure in the planning? Does it really involve a Kombi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. confest! I hope to see you at one of the upcoming ones with your yellow kombi :) lovely thoughts, so inspiring xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x