Sunday, 6 November 2011

Flea Market Find of the Year


I'm so excited to be hosting Flea Market Find of the Year again! It's been such a wonderful year of thrifted goodness, I thought it would be fun for everyone to share their very favourite find of the year and of course vote for your favourite second hand discovery.

I thought I'd share a few of my own favourite finds for the year, I've been very lucky indeed!


The highlights from my thrifting year have included, the lovely blue sewing machine, retro yellow canisters and the beautiful Polaroid camera in it's original case. But my very favourite find.. well it just has to be my pair of mustard velvet armchairs from the local tip shop, Around Again.  

 So what has been your find of the year?

 To enter your second hand treasure in the running to win Find of the Year, all you have to do is blog about it, then add your blog post to the Linky below. Please ensure you write your name and your blog name in the Linky (eg. Sophie @ Her Library Adventures) so everyone know who to vote for.


Now to the voting. To vote for your favourite find just email me at sophieisobeldesigns[at]hotmail.com with the blog name of your favourite find. Too easy! You can only vote once so be sure to check out everyone's blogs before making your decision.


The Linky will be open until Tuesday the 8th at Midnight. Then you will have until Saturday the 12th at Midnight (Australia time)  to vote on your favourite find.  The winner will be announced next Sunday at 10am. 


The winner will receive will receive this lovely vintage inspired prize pack featuring a few of my favourite recent find  and of course claim the title of Find of the Year.


The prize pack includes:
A retro scarf, vintage sheet, thrifted embroidery, a copy of It's Vintage, Darling! (one of my favourite books on vintage clothing), the 2012 Shoes Calendar from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a pretty little vintage bowl and a set of cute book plates from Anthropologie


Well I can't wait to pop over and see your entries!

Have a wonderful day and Good Luck!
Much Love
xxx


17 comments:

  1. Whoops didn't know it was find of the year! Well this might just be it for me anyway! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo i will have to think hard about this! i can't wait to look at everyone's best finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to wait before voting - I want to see them all first...
    I LOVE your chairs - what a score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour of that vintage sewing machine just blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've scored some absolute blinders this year Sophie, it has been so much fun popping over most weeks to see what you have found :-)

    Hope my postcard arrived okay,

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great things already! Difficult to choose.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sewing machine and canisters It was hard to choose just one of my favorite finds I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your favorites! The sewing machine is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage canisters! I LOVE vintage canisters! They are probably my most favorite thing to find while thrifting. *^___^*

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vintage canisters are gorgeous......I have the stack of scones...biscuits and cake that match..hehe.
    I've added a link to my absolute favorite find of the year too....I still cant believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Will settle down at some point later on and check out everyone's finds. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable contest, I can't wait to check out everyone's favorite finds. I'll have to post mine tomorrow. :)

    Ignore my entry, #31. That was a mistake, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have "It's Vintage Darling", one of my favourite books too - it's so useful! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Picking your favourite thrifted find is almost like picking which of your children is your favourite-it really can't be done but, I tried anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely finds, I shall cast my vote soon. Your post inspired me to write a "favorite finds" post of my own here: http://bit.ly/rpOnGH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Voting for Paulette from Cheerful Thrifty Door. Nice selections.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear lord those chairs!!! I was lucky enough to be given two couches in a similar style about a year ago... cannot wait to attempt covering them in beautiful fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x