Thursday, 3 November 2011

Colours of Summer..


The last few days I've been pondering all things festive and searching for inspiration for my Christmas theme.  This year I'm looking forward to creating a handmade Christmas, so I thought it best to start early.  

This afternoon I began with colour inspiration..  As I wandered around the garden, I thought about all the colours that reminded me of Christmas and instantly found a pattern emerging.. My fondest memories are of the beautiful bright Summer flowers that bloom in November and December each year. 

From the royal purple Jacaranda, to the magenta Bougainvillea and beautiful smell of yellow Frangipani, it is going to be a colourful Christmas indeed.  Now I've found my nostalgic colour scheme, I can't wait to begin creating and I will be sharing many of my DIY projects leading up to Christmas.

I'd love to know, how do you choose your Christmas colours?
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers. Looking forward to seeing your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually my xmas colour are the tradional ones.

    Looking forward to see what you will be making. I've already startet with my gift bags.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like blackenpot, I use traditional Christmas colours... but all the decorations on my tree are owls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x