Monday, 17 October 2011

Side Show Alley..






Each year around this time, the local show comes to town.  There is just something about country fairs that makes me smile.  I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the mix of pretty fairy floss colours, crazy stalls, bright lights and the smell of hot donuts, yum! On Saturday evening my hubby and I strolled down the road to check it out.  Yes, we live that close to the show ground I could here the girls squealing on the rides from my living room.  I've always loved the atmosphere of side show alley, even though as a kid I was quite terrified of the Ghost Train.  There is something quite magical about all those pretty lights and I had so much fun capturing it all from the Ferris Wheel as the sun set.  

xxx

9 comments:

  1. I always love pictures like this! Something about the lights and the colors that just never gets old:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab shots! Fairground shots are usually pastel skies or bright colours, but I love the moody sky in these ones. It's the sideshow lights, and the interesting shapes of the rides that get me in about the show (not to mention the hot donuts, magazine showbags and home gadget exhibitions!) Just love the show! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shots sophie, i just love the fair, so exciting and dangerous.....especially the charaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to the fair - at night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are breathtaking. Loving the idea of a country fair and Ferris Wheel ride even if in reality I'm more of a stay on the ground and eat funnel cake type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are wonderful! They capture the vibe of local shows totally! Maybe I'll visit a local show as well this coming weekend. Fingers crossed...

    Here's to a happy week. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are gorgeous-- they actually look like they're from an old movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely pictures, you captured the magic of fairgrounds well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x