Tuesday, 18 October 2011

NYC Vintage - Chelsea Antiques Garage



The first treasure hunt I went on in New York was to the Chelsea Antiques Garage.  It was right around the corner from our hotel and I couldn't wait to get there.  Even before we made it inside I found a crazy little market across the road where I found these lovely brooches.  After such a great find I wasn't really sure what to expect inside but needless to say.. it was just like a vintage dream world.


Around every corner was something wonderful.  I wasn't even sure quite where to begin and had to be very good given I couldn't bring very much home in my suitcase.  But that didn't stop me eyeing off every lovely typewriter and camera I saw.


There was even a TV show being filmed while we were there, only in New York I suppose.  So what did I end up bringing home with me?  Well, as a wandered past a beautiful rack of vintage coats I noticed one little green jacket in particular.

  

When I picked it up I realised it was vintage Chistian Dior and couldn't quite believe my eyes.  Of course, I had to try it on it and luckily, it was a perfect fit.  The beautiful owner of the stall gave it to me for a wonderful price and I'm so excited to now have my own little designer piece all the way from the Chelsea Antiques Garage.

If you are in NYC, be sure to stop by this wonderful treasure trove of vintage delights and quirky characters.

Much Love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    What a great find. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful, such a stunning colour...of course I'd say that though lol.
    xx C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to check that place out! I wonder if the show was Dirty Money. Its about reselling in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that place looks amazing...may have to make a trip to NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy awesome! I'm taking a little trip to the Big Apple next month and i've already told my daughter that i'm going to ditch her friends and their moms to go to this sale. now i'm CERTAIN i'm going there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't WAIT to go back to NYC so I can check this place out (it's been a good 3 years *sob*) - it seems amazing, along with that jacket, OMG! It's adorable, I love the colour combination, and I can't believe it's Dior, I'm so jealous!
    - Laura S

    ReplyDelete
  7. that jacket looks divine on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a funky jacket! Sounds like loads and loads of fun to be had at the Antiques garage!

    ~b

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Dior jacket looks like it suits you to a 'T'! The 'Thrifting Fairies' must be giving you good vintage karma. I have a collection of similar brooches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I'll be bookmarking this place for future reference! Lovely jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x