Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Happiness.. The Humble Bookshelf


Bookshelves make me so very happy.  They instantly make any home so warm, inviting and beautifully lived in.  Of course the beauty of the humble bookshelf is you can combine your favourite paper backs with your most loved treasures to create vignettes of inspired by your adventures, family and travels.  The trick is to play with proportions, colour and angles and with the addition of a few quirky bits and pieces, your bookshelf can become a talking piece for any room.  I found these gorgeous bookshelves in a wonderful collection over at Lonny Magazine.  Pop over here to check out all their inspiring room by room collections.

Much Love
xxx  

Images from Lonny Magazine

7 comments:

  1. Me too, I love bookshelves! We don't have much room in our apartment for many (but that doesn't stop me from acquiring books like crazy!). I pine for the day I have a house and can have a LIBRARY. *swooon* I would love to have beautiful shelves like those in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bookshelf lover too! These ones are delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Bookshelves are the best (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love bookshelves! I have 8, all filled with books. I'm proud :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lived in two homes in the past that I ended up in mainly because they had large built in bookshelves. They make a room seem so cozy & lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a book blogger, I love books, bookshelves and I really like the ones you choose from Lonny Magazine's collection. Your ideas about bookshelves are great.

    Best,

    Güngör

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I'm a book shelflover too.... and sometimes I feel like I have all of my books just for a decoration...heh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x