Sunday, 16 October 2011

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday my beautiful thrifting friends.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  It is certainly thrifting season, make sure you get out and about and check out the Halloween costume racks for some guaranteed vintage gold.  A big thank you for playing along last week and a warm welcome to all our new thrifty friends.  It's so lovely to have you joining in the fun! Pop over here to see all of last week's treasures.

  I had such a lovely time thrifting this week.  It felt like months since I'd visited my favourite local thrift stores and I was so lucky that some lovely bits and pieces just waiting for me, especially my favourite find of the week.

I had done a few laps of the tip shop and picked up a few pretty pieces of pyrex and was about to leave when I noticed a little blue sew machine case in the corner.  I don't usually check out all the sewing machines, but this one had a lovely wooden base so I thought I'd lift up the lid and I'm so glad I did because underneath was this lovely lady.


She is in the most wonderful condition and is the prettiest shade of blue and she even works.  She totally made my day. Oh and I found the lovely vintage sheet too, a perfect match.


My other favourite finds for the week was this gorgeous pair of dresses that were hanging side by side, just waiting for me.  Both are in need to a little love and I can't wait to give them a new lease on life.

Exciting news! It's nearly that time of the year again... Flea Market Find of the Year time! Stay tuned throughout the week for more details and start thinking about your favourite find from the year or get hunting for that treasure you have been after.  What better reason to go thrifting!

I'd love to know what you found this week.  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting
xxx



  

21 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous little lady she is! coupled with that sheet? what a find. your thrifting radar is on form lovely lady. getting mine ready for melbourne. happy sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds, Sophie!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are soo cute! Especially the first one! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE the sewing machine - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! She is a beauty, lucky you.

    I saw a sweet one at a small church oppie recently, but the price was $200. I was astounded that a charity shop could charge sooo much. Then I noticed that most things were way over priced. How do they expect to make any money for charity with those prices? I won't bother going there again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that sewing machine! Just gorgeous, what a great find I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky thing. Love the sewing machine. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the typewriter!
    -georgia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting. The new to you sewing machine is great and can't wait to see what you do with the dresses.

    We've started a new thrifty link up over at Cap Creations if you or your readers care to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dresses. Super cute. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would just be staring at that machine all day, delightful! can't wait to see what you do with the dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly have an eagle eye to see the sewing machine. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice looking sewing machine. Good find!

    Loulou Downtown

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stripe dress - reminds me of one my Gran used to wear.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your sewing machine Great dresses too

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sewing machine is absolutely gorgeous! What a marvelous find.

    <3LJ
    http://littlemisslj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so awesome that you found a working sewing machine, and a pretty one at that!
    - Laura S

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky you finding such a great sewing machine. I'm sure you will put it to use immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to learn to sew. How nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x