Saturday, 24 September 2011

A Very Happy Weekend..


So the day has arrived.. my bags are packed and sitting at the door and I'm off on a plane in a few hours to Brisbane to meet up with my beautiful travelling companions before setting off to New York on Tuesday! I must say I really, beyond excited.  It all seems a little surreal at the moment.. but I'm sure as soon as I get on the plane, it will all sink in.   There will be plenty happening on Her Library Adventures while I'm away. Flea Market Finds will be continuing on Sunday as always.  I also have some wonderful guest bloggers that will be popping in and sharing their travel inspired posts and if the Internet plays nicely, I'll be sharing my Big Apple adventures too! Here are my favourite inspiring bits and pieces for the week..

This beautiful Fall lookbook

And the delightful Autumn Roots and Feathers lookbook

Home made peanut butter (who knew it was this easy!)

The perfect cinnamon brownies

And I can't wait to try this vegetarian chilli recipe

This inspiring little post on 1940's hairstyles

This gorgeous Calivintage outfit

Loving all things Mad Men


Much Love
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Well how exciting! I can't wait to hear about your adventures! I was so excited when a buyer of props for Mad Men purchased some paper cups from my vintage etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip Sophie! I'm sure it will be amazing ... of course, I'll be following along on twitter & instagram.
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. have an AMAZING trip. And give a NYC a big kiss from me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course you will love NYC and it will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. exciting travels! Enjoy playing in the Big Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo you much be soo excited!! I can't wait till you start posting pictures and stories about NYC!! Have a great trip!

    Oh and I thought I'd let you know my giveaway is up and running:
    Win the Vintage Dress of Your Choice! (open to everyone)
    http://papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-in-springtime.html

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sophie! I love reading your posts and I have picked you as one of fifteen blogs to win an award for being a versatile blogger. If you want to be involved you can visit my blog for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend. I love the links. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for your updates! You're going to have an amazing time. You're getting me excited about my upcoming trip one month today and I will be in your shoes.

    E :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x