Thursday, 22 September 2011

My Creative Space..


Like any good crafty soul, I find myself inspired the most when I have a giant to do list.  So of course, on my way to the supermarket yesterday I stopped into my favourite thrift shop and found the sweetest pair of side table, just waiting for a little makeover, inspired by Elsie's recent DIY project.

So I took a little break from reading, writing, marking, cooking and packing to have a bit of fun with some spray paint and a few doilies.


I wanted a large subtle pattern in fun colour, so I used three large doiles and some yellow gloss spray paint.  Thrifty purchases and spray paint always go so well together!  


I love that each pattern is slightly different and at a glance they look like lovely big flowers.  When you look closer all the little details appear.  Together these tables will make a lovely little telephone stand and will add the perfect pop of colour to our new living room.

Check out all the other lovely creative spaces this week over here.

Much Love
xxx
  

5 comments:

  1. That looks really pretty and a great way to update those cute little tables :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose to keep it subtle. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find! Yes, those are just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty!! You did a great job!

    x Aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The phone is fabulous an I just love the crochet blankies :-)
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x