Friday, 16 September 2011

A Love Story...

 

 Five years ago today, I married the love of my life..

Our love story began on the 22nd of November 2003.  I was waitressing at the cafe on the Gold Coast and Ben worked as a barman in the functions centre downstairs.  At closing time, he was sent upstairs to help me pack up the outside tables. We quickly introduced ourselves and briefly chatted and he disappeared back downstairs. We only spoke for a few minutes but as I drove home that night, I couldn't stop thinking about him.





The rest, as they say is history.
Within a few weeks we began working together and within a month, we were inseparable.
 Within a year we were engaged and on a beautiful Spring afternoon two years later, we exchanged wedding vows.  It was perfect.



That day I walked down the isle to Gerocki by Lamb and it is these lyrics that best describe our eternal love story...

"Could we stay right here
Until the end of time
'Til the earth stops turning
Wanna love you 'til the seas run dry
I've found the one I've waited for.."


Much Love
xxx


PS. You can find a few more wedding photos here..

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful story! Happy anniversary. XO, Rae

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, happy anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!

    Redheads are always keepers, it's true. ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I love love stories!!! Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  5. How blessed you are to have such a lovely story to tell. I wish for you to have many, many, many happy years ahead full of love and laughter.

    (Hmmm - my own story is similar...met, four months later inseparable, two years after that engaged, 18 months after that married - would all have happened more quickly had I not been studying!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Happy anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So was your honeymoon in Paris?
    I used to live there!
    Love the photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story - Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a happy anniversary. Lovely photos of what I'm sure was a perfect day for you both. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. a perfect love story. congratulations guys! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy anniversary to you both! such a gorgeous story and i love your pics you certainly look happy together. best wishes x evie

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT a love story!!! :) Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x