Sunday, 4 September 2011

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday and also Happy Father's day to all those wonderful dads around the world.  I do hope you are having a most fabulous weekend and have enjoyed some great thrifting treasures too.  Pop over here to see all the lovely finds from last week, I'm especially loving all the vintage crockery finds!

So this week started out a little bit slowly, I found a few cute pieces of crockery, but I think I'd grabbed all the cute dresses last week.  But then yesterday, whilst at the tip shop, it was my wonderful hubby who found not only my treasure for the week, but perhaps even the whole year.

The story goes.. My hubby is a wonderful thrifting partner because he loves to check out all the strange things,  rummage around, open drawers, cupboards, boxes, whatever he can find.  I usually don't take much notice, especially at the tip, because he comes back with the most bizarre bits and pieces, most often old tools.  But yesterday I'm so glad he open a little old suitcase that was sitting in the corner because he found this..


He called me over and I expected to see a crazy old hand drill or hammer, but I actually squealed when I realised it was not only a vintage Polaroid camera, but the gorgeous little suitcase contained the original instructions, flash, bulbs and packaging.   In my excitement I didn't actually open the camera itself until we got in the car and it was then I realised just how special this find really was.



The camera which is a Polaroid Land Model 104 is in perfect condition and been very well looked after since it was purchased in the mid 1960s.  Needless to say I'm overjoyed by this little thrifty treasure and after a little bit of research I've found that I'll be able to get film to fit my wonderful camera, which I can't wait to try out!

So I've been reminded this week, to never miss a thrifting opportunity and look in every box and suitcase you see, because you just never know what you might find.

What have you found this week?  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting 
xxx



21 comments:

  1. The Polaroid camera is such a miraculous find - it looks to be in such brilliant condition too! How exciting that there is still a way to get film for it too, looking forward to seeing a snap from it at some point!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like to seek treasures in the bottom of boxes, inside drawers, and now thanks to your blog I will open suitcases, as well. Great camera, great husband that thrift shops, and great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love old suitcases. What a surprise you must have been given to find such a gem inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice find. I wish I could get my hubby to go thrifting with me... I did not realize you guys celebrated Fathers Day in September Here it is celebrated in June Learn something new each day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a super dooper find! well done, and have fun taking snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sophie, that is an amazing find! Could your hubby come shopping with me? i never have such luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great find, love the old cameras!
    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeal! I love the camera and it's in such good condition too. Jealous me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEST.FIND.EVEEEEEEERRRRR! freakin fabulous. how much fun are you going to have with that!?!!! it's so retro, so beautiful. woopee! i'm so excited for you. haha. enjoy!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous, can't wait to see some photos from it!

    E:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That camera is the bomb.com. I glad you squeeled, cause that is excatly what I would have done too!
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh that's indeed an AMAZING finding! SO.. yeeey for your hubby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. whay a greay find! my grandad had a polaroid camera when i was a child and they always make me think of him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The suitcase is just beautiful - looks in marvelous condition. The camera is a great find!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time to play along (mine is the amber-glass goblet). What a great idea!

    Your new Polaroid camera looks awesome. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an amazing find! cant wait to see the photos! x one of my best and treasured finds was inside a suitcase at an auction, it cost only £2 and was filled with 1960/1970's clothes which at the time (15 year ago) fit me perfectly, one in particular was a handmade ruby red velvet ball gown..I was so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow--I can see why you were so excited Sophie! You will have such fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky me - I get to work in a thrift shop as a volunteer. It is so much fun opening boxes and bags. It is incredible what people send to a thrift shop - both good and bad. We get antiques and we get garbage! Best part is that all profits go to help our local hospital.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x