Monday, 15 August 2011

Waiting For Spring..


When the days are the shortest, the nights are coldest, 
The frost is the sharpest, the year is the oldest, 
The sun is the weakest, the wind is the harest,
The snow is the deepest, the skies are the darkest,
So polish your whiskers and tidy you nest,
And dress in your richest and finest and best...
For Winter has brought you the worst it can bring,
And now it will give you
The promise of Spring.

A little bit of nostalgia.. This is much loved childhood poem, from my favourite picture story book, The Secret Staircase by Jill Barklem.  Hopefully it will help bring on Spring!

Happy Monday!
xxx


7 comments:

  1. I am getting soooo excited for Spring as well! So ready for it to be light after dinner and to be able to sit outside long into the evening. Bring on barbecues and summer fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is my favourite season! Not to hot not to cold. My b'day being in spring helps to haha!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that poem brought back memories - I loved that book. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x