Thursday, 4 August 2011

My Creative Space..


Over the weekend I gave my office space a little makeover.  I spend a great deal of time in this space and am always inspired when it looks and feels lovely.  With so much going on in my world at the moment, I wanted to have a creative space that's simple, organised, warm and cozy where I can blog, research, write and create.

So here is my little revamped office nook...


What I love most about my office is that I have two desks, my computer is on the left, which leaves a large space free to make lots of mess!

I also love have a whole wall to use as an inspiration board. At the moment its been decorated with a vintage Beatles print and a couple of 1970s plates, a Papaya print and a few postcards and an ideas list.


I've got all my favourite books and notebooks handy..


And of course a pretty spot to stash pens, glue, scissors and MT tape.

It might just be my favourite spot in the house and it's just lovely to have somewhere inspiring to spend write and create. 

Be sure to check out all the lovely creative spaces over here.

Much Love
xxx

21 comments:

  1. wow, this is a bit lovely isn't it? happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous space. You're going to make some lovely things there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks lovely, inspiring and relaxing all at the same time. i love a newly tidied space

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely space... I love it when everything is organised! I also love the little granny blanket on the chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a luxury! to have a permanent space for creating! i live with my in-laws so the house is not really a home. i have to take out my sewing stash and put everything away when i'm done and that makes it a little less fun.

    i love your little teapot stash! *envious*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your space. It is always interesting to see others tudios, studies, sewing rooms etc. I dream of the day I can have my very own room

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your revamped space, it looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it I love it. You've inspired me. Again. I'm moving in two weeks, and will finally get my own office (I've been working from the dining table since April). I'm going to follow your lead and have two desks, one for my writing work and another for drawing and creating. How wonderful! I'm dreaming up the perfect space now. THANK YOU Sophie for the regular inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I desperately wish that I was able to keep my office area looking even remotely like that. I do keep it fairly organized, but yours looks so lovely and livable at the same time.
    I also wish that I could have two desks. I can barely suffice to fit one in my area.


    smileyius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty space! Seems like a great environment to be creative!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how a revamp can be so inspiring in itself, and your space is just gorgeous Sophie, no wonder you can't wait get in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly lovely! Your little pen pot is so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful space and i love the pens in the tea pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely place to create, or just have a cuppa and relax,now I must do something about my room, it's crying out for tlc. xSam

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous space to work in - love the pots !
    I agree, that making the space nice and inviting really does help get the work done :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two desks sounds like a great idea. And lovely photos - it looks like a very calm place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just now setting up my space. Its really exciting to have a stimulating space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love my craft space, it's so nice to sit at in the mornings.

    Your space is just lovely!!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your workspace looks great! I love your blue typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow a perfect place and very inspiring!I love the pan holder;)
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x