Sunday, 28 August 2011

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday! I do hope you are having a delightful weekend and have enjoyed a little time to relax and of course thrift! As always there were so many wonderful finds last week.  It's so much fun to see what everyone finds.  You are an endless source of inspiration for my thrifting adventures.  You can check out everyone's treasures over here

So this week I did a lot of thrifting! I had a few free afternoons and went straight to my favourite thrift shops to search the racks and shelves.  I showed a few cute dresses I found in my creative space on Thursday and I found a few more since then, which I can't wait to show you later this week.  Here are some of the other bits and pieces I picked up on my adventures.


I was over the moon to find this lovely Japanese tea set for $3.  In the background is a gorgeous 1970s skirt which I can't wait to wear and of course an thrifty outing is not complete without a scarf or two.


I also found a sweet little leather bag (perfect for festivals), a 1970s belt and sweet milk jug.  In the background is a wild 1980s dress, which was one of my favourite finds and thanks so my dear friend Laura from Kit and Nancy I now have a serious obsession for vintage linen, so I'm just loving this floral pillow case. 

So what have you found this week?  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting 
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Sophie,

    Firstly - I absolutely adore the new look, it's just as 'you' as the older one but a lovely change :-)

    Very keen on that little bag! Definitely perfect for festivals but also just a great bag-about-town for when you need both hands for thrifty adventures! The little milk jug would look stunning holding a posy.

    My finds are a mixture this week but something tells me you'll appreciate the last of the bunch,

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for floral fabric love! that tea set is soooo charming, gorgeous find. your photographs and finds are gorgeous, as always. happy sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie sorry I bunged up the URL for my find this week. It is a find from earlier in the week but not my full haul with with a proper link back to you. My link back is on my full post which I did Friday. Didn't want to be greedy and double post my goodies. By the wY you always have sweetest finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that milk jug Sophie! Love the new banner and fonts that you used:) Very vintage inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie, I haven't visited you for a while - been busy with house reno and my day job. Looove the new look of your blog!
    And what a nice little bag you found! The other things are great too!
    Have a nice Sunday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. $3 for the tea seat??! I'm jealous! You always have such success with your thrift store visits. I've had a really dry run lately and haven't found anything truly exciting for weeks. Send some luck my way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is *-* wow!!!
    I like so much your new look!Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've just taken me back to my childhood - I grew up eating from crockery that matched that little jug you found. I had no idea there was anything beyond plates, bowls and cups! What a reminiscent find :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your flea market finds!!!! Melbourne is the best place to find treasures like these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, so love the Japanese tea set. Great finds.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  11. That leather bag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous finds and still lives as always! I love the 70s skirt, practical leather bag, and the amazing $3 deal on the Japanese set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great deal on the tea set!! Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds Sophie, I found a floral pillow slip just like that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have one of those bags! isn't the clasp the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sophie, I feel so old, yet a little excited!
    My Dad still uses a set of crockery which matches that milk jug....I drank tea from those cups in the late 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sophie, I feel so old, yet a little excited!
    My Dad still uses a set of crockery which matches that milk jug....I drank tea from those cups in the late 1970s!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x