Sunday, 17 July 2011

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday! Thanks so much for all my lovely birthday wishes yesterday, you are all so sweet. I hope your weekend has been as lovely as mine and you had a chance to get out and about in the delightful world of second hand.  Thanks for the wonderful turnout last week! It was the biggest Flea Market party ever.  It's always so exciting to see everyone's finds and you all inspire me to share the vintage love.  So much so, I have a special treat planned for later in the year, which I can't wait to tell you more about. Check out last week's finds here

So this week, because I'd already found my pretty little deer, I wasn't too fussed about going searching for finds. The flea market fairies had already done a fabulous job.  However, I couldn't resist a peek into my local favourite spots and of course, the moment you'rs not really looking.. something always turns up.


Imagine my husband's face, when I walked through the door (after saying 'I won't be long, probably won't find anything') carrying a vintage suitcase and crazy anchor wine rack. We certainly had a good laugh.  As you know I love anything to do with pirates, so I especially love the wine rack, although I'm thinking it might be the perfect place to store magazines instead.

So what have you found this week?  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting 
xxx




20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous case, though I think you already know I have a vintage luggage problem, and... interesting wine rack... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hilarious wine rack! Went to a couple of garage sales yesterday but didn't have much luck. Oh well, there is always next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The anchor wine rack is amazing, looks like it came out of someone's summer seaside cottage! I'm a collector of vintage suitcases, they're so handy for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unusual wine rack! Love the suitcase.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old suitcases and that wine rack is sure unusual. What a great idea for magazines or maybe towels. Thanks for hosting this fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage suitcases. I like the color of this suitcase. I enjoy seeing everyones treasures each week. I also send my thanks to you for hosting Flea Market Finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday weekend. I am sure you are still celebrating.
    My computer is acting up so I am not posting yet about the fabulous finds I had this week. I just got the van working so I can get out to thrift and now my ancient thrifted computer will not let me share. (Boo.)
    I think you should put pirate hats in your anchor, and they will be ready for a party any time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on holiday last week and found lots of treasures whilst I was away. I missed out on some vintage luggage though because we just didn't have room for it. Love your suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i havent been thrifting for awhile now! need to go on a thrifting spree!!!! i'm a new follower so i can join in your other flea market linky parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wine rack. And Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! The wine rack reminds me of the Pirate movies with Captain Jack Sprarrow. I adore it and I can see the appeal in buying it! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been into pirates or ships, but I could be if there are things like that anchor wine rack out there. That is an amazing find.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend! I'm pirate obsessed too, so I LOOOOOVE the wine rack! It's amazing in every way. I can only hope to find one just like it someday. I'll keep praying to the thrift gods! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a unique anchor wine rack...Great idea for storing magazines or rolled-up towels in the bath. Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog, I so much enjoy looking at everyone's finds. Thanks for letting me share mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great finds. Love that wine rack..
    New follower 8-)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoops I somehow linked the frog pic instead of the cookbook pic but in any case thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I fixed it lol! Thanks again. I love to see what everyone posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I *adore* that wine rack!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x