Friday, 13 May 2011

Words of Wisdom...



My beautiful friend Tara and I when we were 17, in art class..we were inseparable.


Inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest last night, I thought I'd write a little list of wisdom to by 17 year old self.  Here it is..


* Buy as much Polaroid film as possible

*Use it to capture every moment

* Start thrifting more often.. Note: Look out for typewriters

* Take Home Economics instead of Legal Studies

* Be carefree and spend more time staring at the clouds

*Dye your hair a wonderfully outrageous colour

* Trust your soul and make art that you love

* Start your vintage shoe collection right now

* Ask the library lady if you can keep the old library cards

* Enjoy every precious moment


So here are a few fun facts, in July I will be 27 and in October I will be attending my 10 year high school reunion. Being a high school teacher myself, the whole experience is a little bit surreal. I am so much the person that I was in that photo and yet, I have come so far and become someone new all at the same time. Oh how time flies when you are living an crazy little adventurous life!

Much Love
xxx 

3 comments:

  1. Great list. Yes I wish I'd bought Polaroid film too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! I also am a teacher (vis art) and i've gotta say- I would have loved to have the 17 year old you in one of my classes... except the staring at the clouds part (naughty) ;)

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im gonna go to my highschool reunion too in one months. Fells like nothing changed but when i think a little bit more i realised that everything changed. The things i thought was so importent then in nothing today for example.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x