My beautiful friend Tara and I when we were 17, in art class..we were inseparable.
Inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest last night, I thought I'd write a little list of wisdom to by 17 year old self. Here it is..
* Buy as much Polaroid film as possible
*Use it to capture every moment
* Start thrifting more often.. Note: Look out for typewriters
* Take Home Economics instead of Legal Studies
* Be carefree and spend more time staring at the clouds
*Dye your hair a wonderfully outrageous colour
* Trust your soul and make art that you love
* Start your vintage shoe collection right now
* Ask the library lady if you can keep the old library cards
* Enjoy every precious moment
So here are a few fun facts, in July I will be 27 and in October I will be attending my 10 year high school reunion. Being a high school teacher myself, the whole experience is a little bit surreal. I am so much the person that I was in that photo and yet, I have come so far and become someone new all at the same time. Oh how time flies when you are living an crazy little adventurous life!