Sunday, 1 May 2011

Review: My Heart Wanders


I must start by saying, I am so truly excited to be reviewing My Heart Wanders by Pia Jane Bijkerk.  I have been waiting with much anticipation for its release and just about burst with joy when my copy arrived in the mail. 


A memoir, a love story and a wild adventure, My Heart Wanders is simply breathtaking.  Intimate, strong and truly captivating, my heart quickened as I turned each page.  Pia has always felt like a long lost friend.  Many a night you will find me reading Paris: Made by Hand, with a pot of tea and my journal ready to take notes.  I always felt welcome reading Pia’s delicious blog and peeking momentarily inside her world.  And yet there is a part of Pia that has always been a beautiful mystery, which through the pages of My Heart Wanders is delicately revealed. 


Pia’s eye for detail, deeply personal verses and enveloping images took my heart on its very own journey.  I felt at home between the covers, revelling in each moment with Pia, as she combed the flea markets of Paris for the perfect dining table and settled into the Dutch way of life upon her tiny houseboat. 


The splendour of Pia’s memoir is that each word is written from the soul.  It is the true calling of one’s heart that breathes a beautiful sincerity upon each page.  Nature plays a vital role in grounding Pia’s vivid desciptions and sweetly meandering thoughts.  Gentle images of blossoming trees and snow covered landscapes dance harmoniously with mood boards and Pia’s exquisite styling.


I have always said my heart belongs to Paris and it is this image of Paris that Pia captured upon her enchanting pages.  I now long for a moment for my own heart to take a journey, to experience a sense of adventure, to seek new horizons. My Heart Wanders is a truly beautiful reminder that home is, wherever you make it.   

xxx

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a delightful book, and one that I would love to read :)
    I just popped over to Pia's blog and oh my...it's just divine, thanks for the link.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am secretly hoping to get myself a copy of this for Mother's day. I have goosebumps just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am itching to read this one, missed out on the Brisbane meet the author and book preview, so am going to have to wait until it is in the bookshops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so looking forward to reading this!! I cannot wait for payday! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH no, another book! I have been drowning in great books lately although I am not complaining. I enjoy reading. This one looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have written such a great description of this book that I am going to hunt it down as soon as it is in my closest bookstore! Thank you very much for feeding my addiction of tremendous books. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x