Thursday, 26 May 2011

My Creative Space..


Winter is just the best time to crochet.. I find myself searching for a hook and some yarn every time I sit down to warm up at night. So this week, armed with some lovely soft yarn, a nice hook, a few pots of tea and good film or two I whipped up a warm little baby blanket for a lovely friend of mine.  I enjoyed it so much, I can't wait to start my next project.  And the beauty of crochet is, the more you do, the bigger the blanket gets and the warmer it keeps you in the process. I really do love this time of year. 

For many more wonderful creative spaces pop over here.

Happy Creating!
Much Love
xxx

12 comments:

  1. It is so lovely, pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely little blanket and will make that baby most snuggly and warm. I'm quite liking that green accent too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! and it looks so warm too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blanket! Beautiful work lady. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I've never had an actual word before but the word verification for that comment was mating .... or is it just immature me who finds that a little bit funny?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really lovely. The green strip running through it is perfect. I have a mountain of squares to put together. You've inspired me to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, looks so warm and cuddly

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true! My crochet is following me everywhere at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with you Sophie. I love this time of the year too because my body and brain both want that warmth and comfort and I can't help but reach for the crochet hook or the knitting needles and make something. I have been working on two (one for each of my boys) peggy square blankets for the last (lots of) weeks and I'm nearly there. You can see the pix of the peggy squares on my blog and soon I'll add the photos of the blankets finished. It's actually taken me far too long but I have enjoyed it a lot.
    Happy crocheting. Your blanket is gorgeous.
    xx Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that green stripe in there, great blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. The green accents really are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x