Thursday, 12 May 2011

My Creative Space..


What a week! It's only Thursday and I feel like I've already filled my week with a whole lot of creativity.  I've been sewing, making yummy treats, teaching a crochet class and I've finished my very first piece of crocheted clothing.  

The idea for this little vest came about because I couldn't find one when I went shopping recently. So after a quick trip to Spotlight for some lovely cream yarn I started with my trusty hook. With no pattern, I was certainly winging the whole thing and I'm a bit excited and surprised because it actually worked!  Not only that, it was really fast and fun to make. Now I'm very inspired and am already planning a longer version in black.  Who knew it was so easy to make your own clothes, I think I'm totally hooked!

For many more wonderful creative spaces, pop over to it's brand new home over here.

Much Love
xxx

12 comments:

  1. oh wow! nice one! I really must learn how to crochet.. you've inspired me to try (again)!
    Pepper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so impressed!! I've wanted to make crochet clothes for ages now and keep trying to learn new stitches thinking I'll need all this and more to even attempt it! ;) It looks fantastic and I'm seriously in awe of how you went about it (my winging-it experiments with crochet never work!) Happy Creative Space day. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoooooooa i'm just learning to crochet, im gonna shoot for being able to do this! (in about 40 years of crocheting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Cant believe you did it withou a pattern - well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, that vest is adorable! Well done clever lady!

    Xx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you are clever lady! My winging it's never work out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vest! Im in the middle of crocheting my first sweater. It uses a popcorn stitch, which is proving to make it gloriously ugly:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is gorgeous! I'm so impressed!I've just started knitting but now I want to try crochet! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Sophie! This crochet vest is very sweet xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Can you share the pattern you made?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x