Sunday, 8 May 2011

Flea Market Finds..


I love playing Flea Market Finds on a Sunday because I get to celebrate so many lovely days in the year! Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mothers, grandmothers, step mothers and mothers to be.  I hope you enjoy a truly magical day with those you adore! 

So have you been thrifting this week? Perhaps you had a chance to go hunting with you mum. Thanks to everyone who played along last week, your finds never cease to amaze me.  Pop over here to check them all out.

I had a few wonderful outings this week, searching for pieces to fill my shop, oh and of course my home too.  I found some fabulous dresses I can't wait to share with you next week and also a few more lovely pairs of shoes. But what made my heart flutter this week was a stop at new (to me) second hand warehouse, surprisingly just around the corner from my home.  Oh my, was I excited when I walked though the door, just before closing. I will certainly be going back next week for a better look around. 


My favourite finds for the week were this pretty vintage silk blouse, fabulous 1960s scarf and a lovely 1970s Singer typewriter to add to my ever growing collection.  

So what have you found this week?  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx



19 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie,
    I have added a link to my Kitchen blog
    "You Will Always Find Me". I have a very snazzy thrifted teatowel to giveaway.
    It is in mint condish and it's very retro. I bought it a couple of weeks ago at Savers, but now find it wont fit in my teatowel drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting this every week! Can't wait to see the rest of your shop goodies... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that typewriter! Or any vintage typewriter, in fact. Must start looking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The typewriters I have been seeing are the more modern, yet outdated, variety, not with the character of your collectibles.

    At this weeks sales I saw more old fashioned milk cans than I have for years. Are people tiring of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you have found lovely things. I'm glad to be able to share some goodies of my own with you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Flea Market Finds. I'm so glad that you host this and put it altogether. I've really been enjoying all of your wonderful posts too. You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you did well Sophie, can I ask how much did the typewriter set you back? I saw a beautiful on in the salvos last week when I was thrifting...and it was $175! is that about right or a little over the top?

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a great type writer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find such great things to add to your collections!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find myself wanting to move to a bigger house just so I can collect gorgeous typewriters like you!
    Lovely finds once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blouse and scarf are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cream silk blouse, it looks so pretty and I can imagine how soft it would be to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That scarf is gorgeous! I did indeed go thrifting and flea market hunting with mom; it's one of our favorite pastimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The typewriter is my favorite of your finds!!! Glad you have a good week of hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks again dear Sophie for hosting this and letting me share my stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That typewriter is great. That's one thing I have yet to buy... It's so tempting. :)

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x