Sunday, 17 April 2011

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and have found a few moments to search for a little thrifting.  As always last week was full of some gorgeous vintage gems, be sure to check them all out over here.  

This week I've been in a little thrifting wonderland! The fun of being on holiday is being able to spend hours peacefully rummaging through every thrift shop in town.. oh and have I had some fun! I've found some wonderful bits and pieces for my new project which I'm be revealing a little bit more about this week.  And I also thrifted some lovely things for my nest too.

 So I wrote up my dream thrifting list on Friday and couldn't believe my luck when I went searching yesterday, I discovered one of the items on my list.  I am constantly on the search for vintage owls and I've never had any luck in the past but all my dreams came true with this little vintage Otagiri stationery holder.


I also found some other lovely little woodland creatures including a bird and the cutest 1950's deer. A Johnson  Brothers plate and teacup named Antoinette added to my pretty collection this week.


I also found a few outfits to take to Confest later this week.  I especially love this 1990's sheer floral dress.


And I just couldn't resist giving you a sneak peek at my retro find of the week.. an incredible 1970's maxi dress which is one of the highlights of my new project.  I'm so excited and can't wait to share more with you very soon.

So what have you found this week?  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx





21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this project you keep teasing us with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1950's deer, so sweet! Can,t wait to see what you're working on! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie,
    I love all of your little woodland creatures. Guess what, I have a matching deer which I shared on Flea Market Finds last year: http://mooseandbird.blogspot.com/search?q=deer
    Have a lovely Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like those owls - so sweet! and that maxi dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found these little cuties just when I was about to give up: http://petiteinsanities.blogspot.com/2011/04/that-little-something.html

    And my mom sent me doilies galore after antiquing in Denver: http://petiteinsanities.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-swimming-in-doilies.html

    I did a little project with them today which I plan to post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha fancy you finding a Johnson plate too, lovely design isn't it! love your sweet little figurines too :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute owls and I cannot wait to hear about your new project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm I'm looking fwd to hearing about this new project too:) lovely, interesting finds, my favourite this week...the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finds, maybe I should writing lists! Love that plate:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love your china teacup... oh the love of tea in china cups!
    You know... I always 'put it out there' for what I'm wanting before thrifting... but never thought to make a list! Thanks for the idea!
    Thank you too for the opportunity to add my link... thrifting is always sooo much more fun if you can share the love of the finds with other likeminded ladies. So thank you :-}
    Hope your Sunday is a gorgeous one, Katrina :-}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely writing a list. Will let you know when it's up!

    I do have some lovely finds this week though...Thanks for hosting, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those woodland creatures are adorable!
    And I'm liking what I see in that sneek peek. Looking forward to seeing more of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful finds! Love the figurines! This week I'm also playing along. I managed to find the thing that has been on my thrifting list for ages. Yay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finally was lucky enough to go to a real flea market and buy something. So today I am not a silent reader anymore, I have my own owl to share. By the way, love your owls. Big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dresses! Cant wait to see what your up to with that maxi-the print is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!! We enjoy 'The Flea market finds'!! Our blog is in dutch, but the pictures say enough I think :-).

    Happy sunday!

    Your thrift finds are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your cute white bird figure! It is very pretty indeed and would look great on my mantlepiece at home!(thrift envy)
    Very excited to hear about your new project, will keep a look out for any updates.
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous finds - I especially love that floral dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely finds as usual especially the dresses. Looking forward to your new project reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very interested in your mysterious new venture???

    Thanks for opportunity to share my flea market finds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to go read your list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x