Sunday, 27 March 2011

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Sunday! I hope it's a lovely Sunday wherever you are.  It's a perfect Autumn day here and I'm looking forward to enjoying some time in the sun later this afternoon.  But first to the finds! Thanks so much for playing along every week.  It's so nice to see some new faces and also some returning from last year.  Wonderful finds last week everyone! To check them all out just pop over here.

So this week, I thought I might have been left a little empty handed after a few boring searches earlier in the week. But yesterday just as I thought I'd searched high and low at the tip shop, I spied a little case on the ground just begging to be opened.


Inside was the sweetest 1958 Singer sewing machine.  I just love the mushroom colour and the original little box that was still store with it. My other find for the week was this crochet blanket, my second in two weeks! 


Oh and I can't forget this little find, which certainly put a smile on my face.  A 1932 Royal Doulton tea cup, beautifully painted in this Art Nouveau pattern.  I would love to find a matching saucer.

I can't wait to see your finds from the week.  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx




22 comments:

  1. Ahh!! I love that singer! Awesome find :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen sewing machine before, but have never picked one up. Were you looking for a special one? or just couldn't resist. Either way lucky you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nouveau pattern on the saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The singer is a lovely find. Tea cup is really dainty. I'm sure you'll enjoy drinking tea out of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The singer - an amazing find. Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do it? Just amazing... I am trying to control my jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, I too love the colour of the sewing machine. I never find crochet blankets, but am finally learning to crochet so guess I will have to make my own!

    My finds are all accessories this week. (Blogger is playing up so I can't put your link at the end of my post at the moment, but I will as soon as poss)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that sewing machine. And the crochet blanket is sweet. I've been on the look-out for crochet blankets and havn't found any recently. I saw them all the time when I didn't want them...and now that I do their gone?! Oh well, the searching and waiting is part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gasp, that Singer is fabulous, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore "nanna" rugs, and have an ever growing collecion! Great finds :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love 1930's china and that tea cup is so pretty. The sewing machine is fab too! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Singer sewing machine is the most beautiful find and what a fantastic colour to find it in!!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that sewing machine! I have one really similar to it. here what a wonderful find!

    <3 Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow vintage sewing machine, what a find! I love the colour too, and I would love to see it working.Bx PS Happy blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that teacup! Lana

    www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful find!! I just love your blog ~ Sarahlynn

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HereLionsAbound

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely! I love vintage...became crazy with the machine!
    a hi from Brussels

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cup is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love eading your blog, just had to comment this time.
    I too found a vintage Singer in my op shopping travels a few weeks ago. And had to have it. Mine is 1957 and is very different looking. Works beautifully, has the instruction manual and accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x