Sunday, 20 March 2011

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Sunday! I hope it is a lovely day wherever you are and I'm so glad you have popped by to join the thrifting fun. I hope your found yourself something sweet and quirky this week or perhaps you have even hit the thrifting jackpot! Thanks so much for playing along last week, you can check out all the finds right here.

I had one of those thrifting weeks, where everything was perfect.  I dashed out one afternoon after work to two of my favourite thift shops just wandered around for an hour, with no one else around.  I poked in corners, searched through boxes and had a marvelous time.   Here are the results of my adventure.


A pretty blue suitcase, vintage shoes, a lovely crochet blanket, a few scarves, a cute milk jug, a handmade tote bag in the most gorgeous fabric and my favourite find.. a little flower cross stitch in the most lovely colours.  The searching really did pay off!

I can't wait to see your finds from the week.  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx




24 comments:

  1. i love your blue suitcase. it's so cute. you found some fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous finds...especially teh suitcase and blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, seriously wanting to pinch that blue suitcase and that green floral fabric!! Great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh looks like we ALL love the suitcase. I never find anything even remotely nice in suitcases in all the shops I search. However, I have added my stash to today's Flea Market Finds♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabuloso flea market finds,do believe we had one of those jugs in my house throughout most of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice suitcase! I love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are adorable and I love the afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thrifted treasures! Love the cross stitch, afghan and the tote bag. What lucky trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice finds, Sophie!i've got a set of red suitcases i purchased in the 70s similar to your blue one..how about that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that blue suitcase, I have my eye out for one just like it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the roses. and that green floral fabric! Is that a tote bag? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One can't have too many suitcases...I was just looking at two exactly the same today. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tick me off for that suitcase too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, second all that, the suitcase rocks-nice shoes too, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did have a good adventure.
    I can rarely leave a cross stitch piece behind. They must be taken home and appreciated.
    I am also a big fan of crocheted blankets. Those colors are wonderful.
    It sounds as if you had the peace and time to do it at a pace you enjoyed. That is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. we have a lot of charity shops in my high street, there's nothing better than starting at one end and going in every single one til the other end :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I picked up a cute crocheted blanket this week too. I LOVE your shoes and the suitcase is very cute too. Great finds Sophie and thanks so much for hosting. I'm so glad I found your blog..I'm am really enjoying playing along here and seeing everyones treasures. happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo I do love a Nonna crotched rug and your case is indeed a fab find! Well done. I haven't been by for a while, have been very busy settling in to our new life and dealing with life/family issues! Great to be back X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving the crochet blanket! I have always wanted one of those, as it reminds me of my Nan. Very pretty colour on them. Also the cross stitch frame is beautiful.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm enjoying exploring everyone's goodies. I added a link to my vintage/thrifted doll bed collection. Another one came home with me this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely finds as always. I love how you stage everything into one perfect photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the variety and colour of your finds.
    My finds are all about making me and my family smile or laugh out loud this week

    ReplyDelete
  23. You found some lovely items this week! Love the color and style of those shoes!! I linked-up for the first time. I am enjoying your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! all of your finds look great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x