Friday, 25 February 2011

Shopping in Mildura - fine & sunny


So often I talk about lovely little shops I visit around Mildura and as we are a little too far away for many of you to take a day trip to visit, I thought I'd bring some of my favourites to you.  Over the next month or so, I'll be sharing some of the gorgeous local shops I like to meander though on the weekend.  

So first up, is one of the newest and sweetest shops in town, fine & sunny.  Sisters Shell and Annie opened in November last year and have filled their quirky and delightful shop with all the things they love, featuring many goodies by talented Australian designers and artists. 




As soon as you walk in, you feel at home.  There is something gorgeous to look at in every corner and as I wandered around taking photos, I kept on squealing to Shell, 'oh I just love this' at everything I picked up.  From terracotta pots, to industrial filing drawers Shell and Annie's unique styling creates delightful treasure hunts in every corner. 

It is a shop where you could buy something for your Mum, your sister, or your best friend and also find the most perfect delights for yourself. 



From stationery to ceramics, handbags, jewellery and more there is something for everyone at fine and sunny, even the boys.  Some of their treasures include Mud ceramics, Saltwater sandals, Frankie books, accessories from Pigionhole and That Vintage and stationery from Little Jane St, Ask Alice and my favourite MT Tape (which I have used in my header image).  Shell and Annie also find their stock locally, including the super cute heart and flower cookies in the window display created by Hungry Kitty.  Shell loves that fine & sunny deals directly with the creators of their products and feels it makes the experience so much more personal for their customers.  



The girls are so sweet and friendly, every time I go in to the store, I want to pull up a chair and have a cup of tea.  There is just something about fine & sunny that is special.  Shell and Annie love working together and as we chatted away, with Angus and Julia Stone playing in the background, I did feel fine and sunny indeed.


If you are ever in Mildura, you must pop in and check out this precious shop, that I promise will leave you feeling fine and sunny too, hopefully with a bag full of goodies. For shop updates and more stop by the fine and sunny blog.

Happy Friday
Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Scrummy! Lucky you to have such lovely places to visit. We will be in Mildura this time next year for a week for the Ulysses AGM so will have fun visiting shops like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing such a pretty and special place!...it really looks like you could get lost for hours in there!...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful shop : ) those little spools are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to visit this shop when I'm home next, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicious!

    Must have a holiday in Mildura, I haven't been since I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo many lovely things!! Perhaps an online store should be in their future????

    ReplyDelete
  7. this store looks so awesome! we don't have many stores like that around here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great series. this little shop looks adorable. i must visit when in mildura next - i think easter time! cant wait to what other places you share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x