Thursday, 24 February 2011

My Creative Space..


Well this week, you almost have to drag me away from my creative space. I just adore my new studio and got totally lost in ideas and fabric the other night, until my lovely puppy dog Jack reminded me it was dinner time.  As I mentioned on Tuesday, I wanted to share the little secrets of my creative space, especially my favourite feature, the very comfortable day bed.

 My little studio.. full of special hiding spots.


Under the day bed is the bathtub, perfect storage... And taking the idea of the 'fabric library' I've divided my fabric up into an archive (in the storage box) of fabrics I'm not working with and current fabrics in the basket for easy access. So far this little system is working quite well.  


Sorting buttons, well that's another story entirely.  I must say I've given up on dividing them by colour and now have them stored wherever I can.  But one of my favourites is this lovely vintage toffee tin I thrifted on Monday. I kind of love the search for the perfect button.


On my desk today, a sneak peek into my little inspiration notebook and a new project I've just started working on, playing with ideas and colours for some vintage inspired cushions. I must say, this little studio is very inspiring indeed. 

Pop over to Kirsty's to check out many more lovely creative spaces.

Much Love
xxx

21 comments:

  1. I love your creative space too, I think you'd have to drag me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute room! I love that blue/green wall with the bunting. I'd happily spend lots of time in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, it is working well, that's fantastic news. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for wanting to stay there, it looks fabulous! I'm a bit of a button lover too, but I'm still working on my collection so it doesn't size up to yours yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful space. i have a serious case of button tin envy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'd ever leave a little room like this. Just lovely.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sewing room just called and its crying because it just saw how much stinkin cuter yours is. Oh my gosh mine looks like a little shanty compared to yours. I absolutely love the bunting banner too. Ahhh such great taste!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dog too likes to come and nudge me to remind me to take breaks. They are good little reminders to keep balance in life and to eat food!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it! You are going to be so happy moseying about in your charming new space.

    I must say, I am veeeery jealous of your fantastic button collection.

    Thanks for the tour. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful creative space!! And to have a day bed in there too! Just luxury!
    happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! How lucky you are! Thanks for the peeks into your space and your clever storage.

    Enjoy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable space you've created... I can understand why you loose track of time in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the dream 'creative space'... Could I come over? It's simply perfect in every way. And you have it so organised. I'm seriously loving the day bed too... How wonderful, creative and uplifting. Your very own hole in the wall... And it's all yours. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your studio looks amazing! You are going to be so creative in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your new studio looks heavenly ~ such a lovely man you have!
    can't wait to see the new cushions :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.....I love your studio Sophie. It's gorgeous. What an inspiring place to be x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely creative space! I enjoy finding the perfect button too - I have mine sorted in jars xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your idea for the cushions! Bright and beautiful always wins me over! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your studio is lovely! How I would LOVE to have a litle space all to my own. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this space!!
    So Jealous!

    (also, hello! I'm new here ;))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sophie, your little space is just gorgeous, I love the way you have used everything to your advantage, like the bathtub. It's wonderful and looks the perfect spot for your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x