Sunday, 20 February 2011

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday! I hope your weekend has been fabulous so far and full of treasure hunts.  Thank you so much to everyone who played along last week! It is so inspiring to see everyone's finds and I it just makes me so excited for my next thrifting adventure.  To check out all of last weeks finds, just pop over here.

This week was quite amazing for thrifting, I think second hand fates were shining down on me. I actually ended up on three thrifting outings throughout the week, two of which I found some lovely little bits and pieces.  The third outing, my regular Saturday adventure, I was meant to be look for storage.  In the process I stumbled across a little shop that made my heart race a little faster, full of amazing treasures and then at the tip shop, Around Again thanks to the thrifting fairies and some great friends I was able to bring home my favourite find ever.


Here are my sweet little finds from my first two thrifting trips.. A stash of pretty scraves, the sweetest little yellow teapot and mismatched milk jug, a pyrex dish (something I've been on the lookout for), a little Japanese vase, pastel soup mugs and some lovely knitting needles.  


And here is a little sneak peek at my favourite ever find.. The thrifting story behind this pair of amazing chairs is one that needs it's own post and I can't wait to show them to you in detail later on in the week, once the I've found the perfect spot for them. I still can't quite believe someone would throw them away.

I also found a few things for my new studio which I can't wait to share very soon!

I can't wait to see your finds from the week!  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   

Happy Thrifting!
xxx




22 comments:

  1. I love the little milk jug, but then I would as I own one the same! I love Johnson Brothers Australia crockery, especially the pastel range but also the cute floral prints :)

    I can't wait to see the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds. Pyrex never fails to bring smiles and I like the teapot. And what a tease...I can'wait to see this amazing chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a milk jug very similier to that one last year! :) it's good to be back joining in the fun! I had to have a break I was giving husband a heart attack every time I came home with more bric a brac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finds, cant wait to see the cahirs.
    Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some great finds! Really looking foward to reading about the chairs. malea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my! you are showing us a promising bit of furniture!! and that colour. one lucky bird, you. i can just about imagine how that's going to look in that new studio of yours... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, can't wait to see the rest of the chairs, I love the t pot and jug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the pink glaze inside those coffee mugs - yummy! How exciting to have a new studio space, can wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great finds. Really looking forward to seeing more of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing chair! I caant wait to see more pictures! What a score!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chair looks like it will be amazing...and lovely still life as usual x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh that chair looks stupendous! can't wait to see it in full!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teapot is so pretty and bright! Can't wait to see more of those chairs they look lovely and you've only shown us a little bit! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. just came across your Flea Market Finds and am totally enjoying see others who shop like I do. Came via Dabbling All Day and have left my Flea Market Finds link...

    Love that dress from a few posts back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oohh lovely, I just found this link through LucyWidget via KMB - 7 degrees to separation! I love thrifting too, I tend to go for sewing, knitting things and little pretty ceramic bowls.
    Becky:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. very lovely finds, especially the chairs, can't wait to see them in full view! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely to be joining in again this week! Can't wait to have a virtual op shop trawl through all the yummy things people have found. That chair looks gorgeous...can't wait to here the story. Wishing you a bright and sparkly week :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pyrex and, well, everything. Amazing selection of finds, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pyrex and, well, everything. Amazing selection of finds, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to see a full view of those chairs! That sneak peek is certainly tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great scarves. I've been thrifing scarves like there's no tomorrow recently--I picked up six of them just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x