Sunday, 6 February 2011

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Sunday my friends! I do hope you have had a delightful weekend and have been able to venture out for a find or two.  An especially big welcome to our new thrifters, it is so wonderful to have you come and play along. To check out last week's finds pop over here.

I discovered my finds this week in two parts. Early in the week, I stopped by my favourite Salvo's store and picked up a few treasures and yesterday after we battled the supermarket crowds, my hubby spotted a garage sale being held in an empty building in town, which was certainly worth a look.


Salvo's treasures: This sweet lamp, which will be getting a makeover for my next restyle project, a little deer and some doiles.
Garage Sale: A Ted Lapidus silk scarf, vintage bag and the cutest little hedgehog.

I can't wait to see you finds from the week!  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx

PS. For some thrifting inspiration, check out Sammy Davis Vintage, especially the Thrift War videos.




23 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the hedgehog.
    I have a mini bamboo plant that has soft green fronds which would look delightful coming out of his back.
    Or perhaps he could be your new pencil holder?

    Felicity x
    www.giftsofserendipity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow great finds love the lamp and scarf big time.I found a purse like that last week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet finds Sophie. I can't wait to see your re-vamped lamp! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds Sophie. I especially like the lamp and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goodies. I have the same lamp base. Looking forward to see how you restyle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that scarf is gorgeous!
    and i can't wait to see your re-style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The deer and the hedgehog are unreal! x

    ps. good scarf pics below too.
    pps. love the blog header (um... not sure how new it is but new to me as i'm behind on my blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looking forward to seeing how you revamp the lamp. I am on the lookout for a nice base myself. Hedgehog is fab, but that deer is giving me the creeps a little bit! It reminds me strangely of the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland - does anyone else see that?!

    Thanks for letting me play along over here in South London x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sophie, great find on the lamp.. lamps are one thing that don't seem to come up very often here for some reason. Apparently, white hedgehogs are a very rare ; )
    Much love Catherine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh get out of it !!! that SCARF is to die for gorgeous! well done there.

    Catherine, a lot of op shops wont sell lamps these days (or any electricals), as they have to be checked and certified by an electrician, and unless they can find a kind, generous, electrician amongst their volunteers, they can't put electricals goods on sale.

    Nice find on that one too, Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous little display. you always have such good luck.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really lovely collection of goodies. I am reading all your posts from the last week (it's been one of THOSE weeks for me!) and i LOVE your Mr Darcy brooch! Very, very cool.
    Have a great week, hope you don't getflooded or melt in heat or anything else this strange weather can throw at us !
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. my goodness! l o v e i t !! the hedgehog of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some really great finds! It has been years since I have even seen a vintage bag around here, except for antique dealers.
    I am deep in winter no-sale depression and can not wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sophie, I do love your blog and especially seeing your weekly treasures. The lamp is my favourite. GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your finds and this beautiful still life you've arranged, especially the hedgehog and silk scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are great finds. Love all of them actually, the scarf and little deer, especially

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely finds! I'm excited to see how the lamp turns out. I had plan on fixing up a lamp I've had for a while, but then it got knocked off the stand and broke, so I'll be thrifting for a new one soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that scarf -- even though it's not my style, I can appreciate its beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x