Sunday, 30 January 2011

Flea Market Finds.. and a winner!

Happy Sunday! I do hope you are having a lovely weekend and I know you've been out and about in search of some wonderful treasures.  A big thank you to everyone who played along last week and shared the thrifting love.  To check out all the wonderful finds, just pop over here

To the finds.. I got very lucky with my finds this week, perhaps just the right place at the right time.  My thrifting partner in crime laughed at me, but I just had to have it.. a gorgeous blue retro bowling bag.. bowling ball included.


My other finds included a really lovely vintage suitcase, perfect for storage and a cute pair of cream and indigo vintage heels. Thanks to facebook, the bowling ball now has a lovely new home a will be become a work of art.  It all worked out perfectly.

Now to the giveaway winner.. With the power of the magic tea cup, we have winner! 


Congratulations to Laura from Kit & Nancy! I do hope you enjoy your brooches! Perhaps they will even bring a little luck on your thrifting adventures.

I can't wait to see you finds from the week!  To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.

Happy Thrifting!
xxx



15 comments:

  1. I love the bowling bag, such a great find along with the suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for vintage suitcases by my I love that bowling bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bowling bag! I spotted a little suitcase with bowling balls this week, and deliberated, but ended up leaving it behind. I might need to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. digging that bowling bag too! its as fantastic as bowling shoes, quirky and retro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bowling bag. I've seen some in my local oppies but haven't bought any yet. They have such a great 50s look! And the suitcase - another fave of mine. Have some in my last 2 FMF posts, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had to chuckle when i saw the bowling bag, so glad it's gone to a good home :))
    i Love the suitcase, i've got two just like it..perfect for storing lots of bits 'n' pieces :))
    btw congrats to Laura on winning your sweet brooches, she'll love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Laura, what a lucky girl she is!

    Awesome finds this week Sophie, that bag is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing finds again, Sophie - love that bowling bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much sophie! i'm such a lucky girl!!!! your finds are just gorgeous, after taking part in suitcase rummage, i always look out for the odd suitcase beauty! thank you again, i'm so excited! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finds....what a gorgous little suitcase and heels. They should be worn together. Hope you have a lovely week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Kit and Nancy! Loving those bag finds Sophie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect finds - I am beginning to get reeeally jealous of some of you in blogland! Do you have these 'house/yard sales' in Australia like they do in the USA? I'm in the UK and we don't have them (sob). Will have to hit the carboots instead

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking for a cool vintage bowling bag for a long time. I see them regularly, but never in good enough condition. I guess vinyl just doesn't hold up to the weight of a bowling ball. Congrats on your find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My thrifting partners in crime (and I use the same term :) always laugh at my for my silly finds, too. And my roommate yawns 'cause he's tired of it!

    I LOVE that bowling ball bag. I imagine those could be re-fabbed into amazing SLR camera bags...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x